Waynesboro: Can YOU HELP When the Unexpected Happens
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Virginia Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
When the unexpected happens, can you help?
Every day people are forced from their home due to disasters. Single- and multi-family fires account for
90% of disaster responses. Compassionate and committed Disaster Action Team volunteers respond day
and night to meet the immediate needs of their neighbors. Assistance given may include financial assistance
for food, clothing and lodging, emotional support, prescription medication, and other critically needed items.
If you have the skills to:
- Follow and execute requests received from supervisor with little or no supervision.
- Work with technology and have connectivity to the internet
- Build effective relationships with others who can help with work-related goals and work in a team environment
- Complete all required training and maintains current training standard as DAT program requirements change.
- Attend regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
- Complete assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program. (Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program and other tasks assigned by the DAT Leader.)
- Sign up for a minimun of 4 shifts a month--scheduling varies and flexible
To learn more, visit www.redcross.org/dat or contact Betty Whittaker, email@example.com or 540-525-9029.
About American Red Cross - Virginia Region
American Red Cross, 182 Neff Avenue, Harrisonsburg, VA 22801, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Waynesboro, VA 22980
May 11, 2022
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 2 shifts per month; daytime availability