2 people are interested
Social Media Contributor in Support of Democracy
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Democratism seeks a Social Media Contributor to join a team of volunteers producing social media campaigns and posts and participating in social media strategy and management, in support of our democracy mission.
- Be ready to develop an understanding of the organization’s objectives and social media goals
- Propose, prepare, and run campaigns on specific topics related to the organization’s objectives, such as the nature of the organization’s democracy proposal or its connection to other issues important to you personally (such as climate change, racial justice, gun control, reproductive rights, LGBTQ rights, or economic fairness)
- Sign up for a time during each week to be available to prepare and review social media posts on a variety of relevant topics that are separate from campaigns
- Follow news and social media on relevant topics
- Work with other volunteers to review and approve each others’ proposed campaigns and posts
- Participate in a weekly 40-minute remote social media meeting (currently Mondays at 5:30 pm Eastern), including sharing your views and joining in group decision making.
Skills & Experience:
- Proficiency in at least one of Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram; readiness to develop proficiency in all three
- Comfort using and learning online tools for internal communication and work planning
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
democratism inc, New York, NY 10024, US
Our mission is to advance the power of the people to shape the future.
Democratism educates the public about ways to make government and other social systems more democratic. We launched and promote the Democracy Decree, which aims to establish government by consent of the governed in the United States, by instituting direct election of the president and proportional representation in Congress.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 20, 2022
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 3 hours weekly, including a weekly meeting, as described.
- You must support our mission to empower the people to shape the future and our goal of establishing popular election of the president and proportional representation in Congress by a vote of the people. (Learn more at democratism.org.)