20 people are interested
Become A Warrior
ORGANIZATION: SURVIVORS AWARENESS INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
We are currently looking for people to be a part of our creative team. This team will consist of a group of individuals with creative ideas who wish to assist our organization in making social media posts, interesting events, new website formats, and overall ideas to improve the creative aspect of our organization. **If you would like remote we can do that as well**
- If you do not see yourself as creative, this may not be the opportunity for you. Do not worry! SA Warriors will have plenty of volunteer options coming up in the future.
- This is a two part process. We will process your form application within 2 weeks. If we review your application and think you may be a good fit, we will contact you within these two weeks and set up a zoom interview.
- Applying for this team is not year round. Application forms will close on August 31st, 2022. However, this process is similar to rolling admission, the sooner you apply, the sooner we can interview you, and the sooner you can join our team!
- You must be at least 17 years old to join this team, and dedicate a minimum of 5 hours each week.
*Remember this is a nonprofit organization so no payment will be received for joining our team. Participants of the SA Warriors Creative Team can receive service hours, however.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About SURVIVORS AWARENESS INC
4584 WASHINGTON ST, ROSLINDALE, MA 02131, US
Our mission is to help people learn, heal, and find inner peace on their own accord. Our main demographic is sexual violence survivors, and that is what we founded the organization on. We intend to help with our free programs crafted for individual needs, interactive events and constant reassurance. Everyone has something they want to work on, learn or heal from. So we want people to use our resources to their advantage. We believe people have control over what they want and we're just here to cheer them on.
The organization was founded in 2020, by Nevaeh Calliste-Williams, a high school student at the time. She experienced sexual violence first hand and recognized many others in her community did as well and weren't getting the necessary emotional or mental help they deserved. With this in mind, she created Survivors Awareness.
From filing to planning she and her team were able to get the organization up and running by 2021 into 2022. From then they've been diligently trying to get their start-up into actual advocacy. Recently, they've been focusing on social media presence and getting the free programs up and running for the community. During that time, they raised funds for RAINN, created the official organizations website, and effectively networking with other organizations. We hope this sparks some interest in a few people, and hope to hear from you some day.
700 commonwealth aveBoston, MA 02215
February 4, 2023
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours per week or less
- We do require you to make a sample post of your choosing. It can be in a twitter, instagram, facebook, tiktok, or blog format.