Disaster Mental Health Services Volunteer (Virtual) -Ashe County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
Are you a mental health professional? Then you can volunteer to help disaster survivors.
The Red Cross is actively recruiting new Disaster Mental Health volunteers to help us meet the local needs in our community. Red Cross Disaster Mental Health volunteer teams are active throughout the United States, meeting the emotional and psychosocial needs of disaster survivors and fellow Red Cross disaster workers. These teams respond to disasters of all sizes, from single family fires to large-scale events.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Respond to the immediate emotional distress and psychosocial needs of disaster survivors and Red Cross disaster responders
- Supplement local mental health resources during times of disasters
- Support the community in building resilience
- Help facilitate long-term recovery for clients impacted by disaster
- Help clients connect to other resources in the community as needed
Time Commitment and Training: Approximately four hours per week. Time varies depending on disaster activities. Volunteers must also complete 7.5 hours of training.
- Master’s level or higher mental health professional with a current and unencumbered license in one of the following disciplines: Psychiatry, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, School Counseling
- Psychiatric Nurses that have a state license as a registered nurse and a minimum of 2 years’ verified experience in a psychiatric setting.
- Retired mental health professionals who meet the above criteria and maintained a license/certification in good standing upon retirement.
Learn more and apply online at: www.redcross.org/volunteer .
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 336-646-4047
80 More opportunities with American Red Cross
About American Red Cross
690 Coliseum Dr NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27106, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the American Red Cross to support its mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering. There are many ways you can volunteer in your local community, and we are always looking for people with various backgrounds, talents and skill levels . We have diverse volunteer opportunities in Blood Services, Disaster Services, Service to the Armed Forces, Communications, and Volunteer Services.
The Community of Ashe CountyJefferson, NC 28640
May 11, 2023
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Disaster Response
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours/week