4 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Black in Mayberry
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
We are looking for a highly organized administrator who will be able to maintain the general day to day governance of our organization. As we are a grassroots organization we require a high standard of professionalism, organization and dependability so that we set off on the right foot.
- Board meeting minutes and agenda
- scheduling meetings
- drafting emails, letters and other communications - preparing newsletters in MailChimp - responding to emails - balance sheet - uploading new articles/information to website
- creating lists, tables and graphs
- data entry - maintaining all regulatory deadlines and reminders
These general responsibilities are what can be expected on a weekly basis.
- Contacting museums, art galleries and other art space
- contacting social justice, civil rights and human rights organizations
- contacting artists and activists
- contacting magazines in the arts, social justice and civil rights - researching grants
- sponsorship and donor outreach
- collaboration outreach
- administrative assistants with events
- drafting press releases
These special responsibilities will vary from week to week depending on our initiatives and priorities.
You will be the first point of communication for many of the organizations interactions, so you will need to be comfortable with communication, personable and professional.
About Black in Mayberry
755 Sheldon Street, El Segundo, CA 90245, US
Black in Mayberry is a nonprofit organization with the mission to combat racism through the arts. We use artist expression to address issues of civil liberties, civil rights, human rights and all race related concerns experienced by Black people in America.
The organization was born from a documentary film project called Black in Mayberry. After producing the film we realized how powerful the arts was as a median for change and as a vessel to carry a powerful message that could last well past our own lifetimes. We wanted to continue to create and curate other works of art that dealt with the topic of racism and also to empower artists who want to address this topic via artist means. We hope to be able to contribute to the advancements for justice, freedom and equality by creating a platform where art will encourage people to look at racism constructively.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 8, 2022
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours per week on average. However more time may be required when we host events.