We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
1 person is interested
Vice President/Director of Operations
ORGANIZATION: Rainbow Collective
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Company Description: Rainbow Collective (RC) is a Michigan State Non-Profit. We focus our efforts and practices to assist and help those in the LGBTQ community have access to the support and resources to thrive in their personal lives. The main goal of RC is to provide resources and training to the LGBTQ community and those who are interested in being an ally.
This is an unpaid volunteer position, that has supervisory responsibilities.
- Oversees operations and departments of the organization
Responsibilities and What You Will Do:
- Oversees several aspects/departments of the operations
- Supervise and train staff in every department
- Provides constructive feedback to department leaders and members
- Work with President and Executive Director to create a plan for operational activities and set strategic
- Manage relationships with external partners/vendors
- Review and Revise Policies within the organization for efficiency and inclusiveness
- Ensure that the organization complies with legal aspects and established regulations.
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of organizational procedures according to objectives and apply improvements
- Plan and Monitor the day-to-day operations of the organization to ensure smooth progress.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are efficient and constructive
- Handles disciplinary actions of employees as needed in accordance with organization policies
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, industry, and the community
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Here's what we're looking for:
- Supervisory/Management experience preferred.
- Law/IRS Experience Preferred or Past Non-Profit Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of all identities, and issues related to the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized
- A strong work ethic, ability to take the initiative, and self-starter.
- Confidence in performance and working alone, and collaborative in nature.
- Eagerness to work and thrive in a high-energy, startup environment, and adjust priorities as needed.
- Must be available to attend board meetings once a month
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Rainbow Collective
410 Barker Ave Nw, Grand Rapids, MI 49504, US
Many PRIDE community members suffer from restricted access to resources and support in their workplace and personal lives. Every LGBTQ community member deserves to feel proud and true about who they are. Every member deserves to feel appreciated and supported by family and friends. Every member deserves to have a successful and engaging personal/professional life. No PRIDE member should feel alone or unappreciated because they all matter and deserve unending love. The organization is inclusive and does not discriminate against any disability, sexual orientation, or personality/trait.
In 2021, Trinity (Founder) had a vision of a community around Michigan centered around being proud of who they are and feeling free in their personal lives. In May 2022, Rainbow Collective was officially recognized in the state of Michigan. The two main goals are to provide resources and support to the PRIDE community and PRIDE organizations around Michigan and to connect PRIDE organizations with support regarding volunteering and fundraising. A program that will be in the organization is a Youth Mentorship Program for PRIDE youth. Another goal of the organization is to reduce the chance of hunger and homelessness within the PRIDE community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 23, 2022
- Executive Admin
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Legal (General)
- Business Development
- Resource Development / Management
- Background Check
- This position requires a 2-year commitment to the board and responsibilities.