The goal of ETP is to promote self-sufficiency among immigrants as they gain knowledge and confidence in their English language abilities for integration into our community. ETP specifically targets newcomers unable to access traditional ESL classes due to financial or physical constraints (i.e., lack of transportation, low literacy level, and limited time availability).
Tutors also gain the invaluable experiences of having an impact on a person’s life as well as the opportunity to meet and work with someone from a different culture and background. The personolized/small group model is structured to take into account the location and time availability of both the tutor and student.articipation in it is strongly encouraged.
Time commitment: Thursdays, 12 weeks, Hrs/week: 2
- Join our tutor team for the next cycle of ETP beginning Jan. 26 through April 13, 2017
- Orientation for new tutors is January 19th, from 6-8 pm
- Two sessions offered: 10-12am or 6-8pm
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2hrs every Thursday for 12 weeks