2 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: ENGINEERS FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Time : Approximately 10 hours per month on average
Duration : 3-year commitment
Location : Remote, flexible
Additional expectations: Attendance at the annual in-person board retreat (location within the United States varies from year to year)
How to apply: Email Governance Committee Chair Brian Lange - firstname.lastname@example.org - with your resume and a cover letter addressing the Responsibilities, Duties and Qualifications in this Position Description
Our board of dedicated professionals comes from a variety of disciplines. Not only do you not have to be an engineer to join our Board (nor an alum of our chapters), we highly encourage applicants from fields outside of engineering. Board Members are expected to contribute to the operations of the organization through committee work and special projects. This could include governance, development, legal/risk management, technology, financial management, public relations, or others.
About Engineers for a Sustainable World
Engineers for a Sustainable World is a nonprofit network made up of problem solvers passionate about technical sustainability. We work to empower engineers to tackle the biggest sustainability challenges of the 21st century. ESW members have created everything from solar charging stations on college campuses to devices that collect waste in rivers to community-designed structures that promote earthquake resilience. We consist of 1,750 student and professional members across 50 chapters.
As the highest leadership body of the organization, the board is responsible for:
- evaluating the performance of the Executive Director
- strategic and organizational planning
- ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- fundraising and resource development
- approving and monitoring the organization’s budget, programs and services
- enhancing the organization’s public image
Each individual board member is expected to:
- attend Board of Directors meetings, which are scheduled for 1 hour every two months, including one in-person meeting in April during our annual conference
- be familiar with ESW’s mission, vision and strategic plan
- faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- serve as active advocates and ambassadors for ESW
- fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for ESW to advance its mission
- leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the organization’s mission
- help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing, and can influence public policy
- participate fully in one or more committees or officerships
- Passion for sustainability, technical problem solving, and ESW’s mission for building a more sustainable world
- Expertise in at least one of the following skillsets:
- Organizational partnership and relationship building, especially with corporate employers
- Public relations and/or brand management
- Legal and risk management
- Technology strategy and advising
- Technical competency using software such as Slack, Zoom, Google Suite
About ENGINEERS FOR A SUSTAINABLE WORLD
424 SAPPHIRE WAY, PITTSBURGH, PA 15224, US
To empower engineers to tackle sustainability challenges.
ESW stands for Engineers for a Sustainable World. We're a growing collection of technically-minded people looking to make the world a better place. Most of ESW's impact comes from projects done by its 50college-based chapters. In many ways, ESW-Headquarters's purpose is to connect those chapters, build a community for all members to interact, learn, and share project ideas, and bring in funding and other connections to help projects succeed.
ESW is run by a team of passionate volunteers who care deeply about building a better world. If this sounds like you, we welcome you to apply.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 6, 2022
- Business Development
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Time: Approximately 10 hours per month on average Duration: 3-year commitment
- How to apply: Email Governance Committee Chair Brian Lange - email@example.com - with your resume and a cover letter addressing the Responsibilities, Duties and Qualifications in this Position Description