1 person is interested
Share Your Voice: Join the Young Professionals Advisory Council
ORGANIZATION: Safe Crossings Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Safe Crossings Foundation (SCF) supports grieving children in the most effective ways possible by taking a big-picture approach to analyzing community needs, resources, and gaps in services. As a leader in funding services that help grieving children heal, we are committed to learning and listening to feedback from the youth we serve. The Young Professionals Advisory Council serves under the guidance of the Safe Crossings Foundation staff and Board of Directors with the goal to support grieving youth in Washington State through collaboration amongst young professionals ages 18+.
Young Professionals Advisory Council will ensure the following learning outcomes to members, such as:
- Gain an understanding of nonprofits and foundation structure
- Awareness of the programs supported by the Foundation
- Knowledge of the Foundation’s mission, vision, and values, and practice serving through these
- Provide feedback and propose new services and activities to the foundation and Board of Directors
- Grow in teamwork, communication, and collaboration
- Learn how we can help our communities
Opportunities will include, but not limited to:
- Implement projects to help grieving youth
- Community leadership opportunities in council and in future opportunities with Foundation’s Board of Directors
- Mentorship by Foundation and community leaders
- Peer-to-peer networking, collaboration, and leadership
- Professional and career development
- Connections with grantee partners and support to local grief support partners
- Marketing and education about grief support
The Council meets virtually on the 2 nd Thursday of each month from 5pm - 6pm. To learn more visit safecrossingsfoundation.org and to apply, please email email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Safe Crossings Foundation
4210 SW Oregon St, Suite H, Seattle, WA 98116, US
Safe Crossings Foundation mission is to be a leader in funding services that help grieving children heal. Our vision is that all kids who’ve lost a loved one receive the emotional support they need.
Safe Crossings Foundation (SCF) is dedicated to helping grieving children who have lost a parent, sibling, or other loved one to heal and thrive. By researching and funding leading-edge grief recovery programs in the Puget Sound region, we provide resources to help kids safely navigate loss, rediscover their joy, and emerge as emotionally healthy and resilient members of their families and communities.
Multiple locations Seattle, WA 98116
May 6, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- 1 hour per month: The Council meets virtually on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 5pm – 6pm.