Be a Disaster Duty Officer, dispatch the team when disaster strikes! (Marion County, IN)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross-Indiana Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Be the channel of communication, ensure timely activation and monitoring of local and regional disaster responses!
As a Disaster Duty Officer volunteer:
- Answer and assess disaster crisis calls
- Communicate with multiple team members
- Dispatch the volunteer disaster team responders
- On-call for 12 hour shifts, once a week
- Strong computer and customer service skills
- Fully virtual role, weekday availability required
Questions? Contact a Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, redcrossrecruitsIN@redcross.org, or call/text (317) 886-8508
About American Red Cross-Indiana Region
1510 N. Meridian, Indianapolis, IN 46201, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Marion CountyIndianapolis, IN 46202
May 13, 2022
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hour on-call shifts, weekly schedule ideal
- Virtual role