DMA Community Programs Volunteers
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Dallas Museum of Art
Community Programs Volunteer - APPLY HERE
Reports to: Manager of Community Programs
Time Commitment: 2-7 program hours per month
Positions Available: 15
Dates: 6/13/2022 - 9/30/2022 with option to continue volunteering in the fall
Location: Both onsite at the DMA and offsite venues
Volunteer Description and Responsibilities:
Informed by community input and guided by the findings of the Dallas Cultural Plan, DMA Community Programs amplify the voices and creativity of our city by increasing equitable access to the arts through collaborations with local organizations, area artists, and Dallas Communities.
Volunteers are desired to lead offsite Citywide Youth Workshops, support offsite Community Festivals, and prep Community Programs Materials. Program dates and times may vary:
• Citywide Youth Workshops will be scheduled Tuesday-Thursday between 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
• Community Festivals are most frequently scheduled for Thursday and Friday evenings between the hours of 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. or Saturdays between the hours of 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
• Supply prep days are scheduled at the DMA on select days Monday-Wednesday between 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Volunteer responsibilities include:
• Facilitating 45-minute art lessons at various community sites
• Engaging with youths ages 6-12 at Citywide Youth Workshops and audiences of all ages at Community Festivals
• Picking up and returning supplies to the Museum after workshops
• Setting up a DMA booth at various community events
• Passing out art kits, coloring pages, and Museum collateral as walk-up activities
• Prepping materials onsite at the DMA including cutting, folding, and organizing materials
Training sessions will take place in June, July, and August for incoming volunteers. Training sessions will be 2 hours in length, the first training is Monday June 13th from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. to cover the different tasks associated with Community Programs.
Community Programs volunteers will receive complimentary parking in the DMA garage when they are scheduled to volunteer onsite. All volunteers are required to undergo a DMA background check and track their service hours for volunteer records and reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Volunteers must be 18 or older
• Knowledge of art education helpful, but not required
• Ability to engage a wide range of audiences including youth ages 6-12
• Ability to stand for duration of workshop
• Ability to provide own transportation to and from Museum and community sites
• Ability to lift 15 pounds
• Bilingual skills a plus
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1717 North Harwood StreetDallas, TX 75201
May 6, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH