Nonprofit Treasurer Volunteer Needed
ORGANIZATION: The Meow Mission
Please visit the new page to apply.
We are a small but growing 501c3 nonprofit. Our passion is caring for community cats by lowering the population through Trap/Neuter/Return. We are a very proactive organization and we need a proactive treasurer. Our finances are pretty simple so this won't be a big time commitment. Our best guess is 1-2 hours a week. We use Quickbooks so you'll need to know that. We'll need you to:
- Provide financial reposts monthly.
- Make sure annual taxes are filed.
- Enter all purchases/payments into Quickbooks
- Make sure all utilities/bills are paid.
- Ensure receipts are provided and filed.
- Attend events (approximately 3 per year) as cashier, balance receipts.
- Attend quarterly board meetings (via zoom or in person in South Bend)
- Generate weekly invoices & tracks payment.
About The Meow Mission
2915 E Mishawaka Avenue, South Bend, IN 46615, US
Our mission is to: 1) humanely and proactively reduce the free-roaming cat population of northwestern Indiana/southwestern Michigan 2) eliminate the barriers free-roaming cat caretakers encounter with spaying and neutering colony cats 3) educate the community on the merits and methods of trap/neuter/return practices
Michiana faces a problem most communities face - an overpopulation of free-roaming cats. A significant amount of these cats are tame, discarded pets. Feeling compassion, many families (referred to as "colony caretakers") feed these community cats. Unfortunately, a great deal of the cats are found in low-income neighborhoods. Without our intervention, these cats will continue to breed, overwhelming our city’s residents and animal control in a never-ending cycle. With your help, we are able to reach out to these kind-hearted citizens and offer them the financial support needed to spay and neuter our community’s discarded and free-roaming cats.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 5, 2022
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- 1-2 hours a week
- Must have accounting background, understand Quickbooks