4 people are interested
DMA Community Programs Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Dallas Museum of Art
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Informed by community input and guided by the findings of the Dallas Cultural Plan, DMA Community Programs amplify the voices and creativity of our city by increasing equitable access to the arts through collaborations with local organizations, area artists, and Dallas Communities.
If interested, please apply here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=96721867
Volunteers are desired to lead offsite Citywide Youth Workshops, support offsite Community Festivals, and prep Community Programs Materials. Program dates and times may vary:
* Citywide Youth Workshops will be scheduled Tuesday-Thursday between 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
* Community Festivals are most frequently scheduled for Thursday and Friday evenings between the hours of 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. or Saturdays between the hours of 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
* Supply prep days are scheduled at the DMA on select days Monday-Wednesday between 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Volunteer responsibilities include:
* Facilitating 45-minute art lessons at various community sites
* Engaging with youths ages 6-12 at Citywide Youth Workshops and audiences of all ages at Community Festivals
* Picking up and returning supplies to the Museum after workshops
* Setting up a DMA booth at various community events
* Passing out art kits, coloring pages, and Museum collateral as walk-up activities
* Prepping materials onsite at the DMA including cutting, folding, and organizing materials
Training sessions will take place in June, July, and August for incoming volunteers. Training sessions will be 2 hours in length, the first training is Monday June 13th from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. to cover the different tasks associated with Community Programs.
Community Programs volunteers will receive complimentary parking in the DMA garage when they are scheduled to volunteer onsite. All volunteers are required to undergo a DMA background check and track their service hours for volunteer records and reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Volunteers must be 18 or older
* Knowledge of art education helpful, but not required
* Ability to engage a wide range of audiences including youth ages 6-12
* Ability to stand for duration of workshop
* Ability to provide own transportation to and from Museum and community sites
* Ability to lift 15 pounds
* Bilingual skills a plus
About Dallas Museum of Art
1717 N. Harwood, Dallas, TX 75201, US
The Dallas Museum of Art is a space of wonder and discovery where art comes alive. The DMA will: -Place art and our diverse communities at the center around which all activities radiate. -Pursue excellence in collecting and programming, present works of art across cultures and time, and be a driving force in contemporary art. -Strengthen our position as a prominent, innovative institution, expanding the meaning and possibilities of learning and creativity.
Established in 1903, the Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) is among the 10 largest art museums in the country and is distinguished by its commitment to research, innovation and public engagement. At the heart of the Museum and its programs is its global collection, which encompasses more than 24,000 works and spans 5,000 years of history, representing a full range of world cultures. Located in the nation’s largest arts district, the Museum acts as a catalyst for community creativity, engaging people of all ages and backgrounds with a diverse spectrum of programming, from exhibitions and lectures to concerts, literary events, and dramatic and dance presentations. Since the Museum’s return to free general admission in 2013, the DMA has welcomed more 3.2 million visitors.
1717 N. HarwoodDallas, TX 75201
May 5, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Estimated 2-7 program hours per month. Volunteers are asked to commit for 1 year and do 4 programs/quarter.
- Ability to provide own transportation to Museum and offsite venues. Apply here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=96721867