3 people are interested
Nonprofit Board Secretary - Humanitarian Org (Haiti)
ORGANIZATION: DARE HUMANITY INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Nonprofit Board Secretary
Status: Volunteer (unpaid)
Board term: 2 years; meetings held every quarter
Dare Humanity is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization founded in 2015 based in Riverside, California, and serving the Sonyen community in Haiti. Our mission is to advocate for an enhanced life for women, children and families who live in underserved and isolated communities, by fostering their development and self-sufficiency.
Dare Humanity currently focuses its efforts in Sonyen, an isolated rural Haitian community made of humble mud-wall houses built with scrap materials, as well as in Port-au-Prince and the South Department which recently experienced a major earthquake. Currently, Dare Humanity runs multiple programs, focusing on educational opportunities, food scarcity and distribution, and clean water initiatives.
Position Overview & Basic Function:
The board secretary is an executive member of the board of directors of Dare Humanity and is accountable to the Board. The core responsibilities of a board member is duty of care - fulfilling their role to their best abilities; duty of loyalty - conducting activities in the best interest of the organization; and duty of obedience - acting in accordance with the organization’s governing documents and federal and state regulations.
The Secretary will work closely with the Board and the CEO in the planning of board of directors meetings. The secretary of the board shall be responsible for the core responsibilities below.
- Oversees the distribution of information for agenda items to be discussed
- Prepares the official minutes of the meeting and records motions, discussions, votes, and decisions
- Schedules and notifies board members of upcoming meetings
- Holds members accountable for their tasks
- Ensures proper preparation of meeting agendas and its distribution prior to the meeting
- Prepares and provides the previous meeting’s written minutes to board members before the next meeting and records any changes or revisions
- Assures that documents (bylaws, Form-990, roster of board members, and any other governing documents) are accessible to members
Experience and Knowledge
- Understanding and supporting the mission of Dare Humanity.
- A commitment to serving underserved communities and youth in developing countries.
- Ability to apply our values in relationship development, written work, and communication.
- Experience working with or at a nonprofit is a plus.
Dare Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About DARE HUMANITY INC
PO BOX 10083, OAKLAND, CA 94610, US
To advocate for an enhanced life for women, children and families who live in underserved communities.
Dare Humanity, Inc. inspires people from all over the world to be the best version of themselves.
We are a 501(c)(3) startup nonprofit organization founded in 2015. Our mission is rooted in our desire to be of service to others and planted in communities across the globe. Our work is just beginning! We invite you to partner with our organization and be part of our journey.
For underserved communities worldwide to achieve and sustain wellness, self-sufficiency, and entrepreneurship.
We partner with communities in rural Haiti to be a part of their development through community based projects while providing resources and we sponsor youth through our Young Dreams Sponsorship Program.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 5, 2022
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- 2 year term
- We also ask that you assist with our fundraising efforts