Surgery Shuttle Driver
ORGANIZATION: Ruff Start Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
Summary: Ruff Start Rescue offers a weekly surgery shuttle to help metro-area fosters get to the Ruff Start Rescue surgical suite in Princeton. The morning driver can pick up the van at Ruff Start Rescue the day prior, any time between 10am-5pm. The day of, the morning driver arrives at the meet-up location in Golden Valley at 6am, with fosters arriving to load up between 6-6:30am. The driver will then leave at 6:30am to drive the animals to Ruff Start Rescue. The afternoon driver will arrive at Ruff Start Rescue at 3:45pm to help load up the kennels on the van and depart at 4pm for the drive back to Golden Valley. Fosters will pick up their animals between 5-5:30pm. The afternoon driver can either return the van that evening (you will receive information on where to return the keys) or keep the van overnight and return it the next day, whichever works best. You will receive a list of the animals scheduled to be on the shuttle and their foster’s contact information.
Time Commitment: The surgery shuttle generally runs on Thursdays, but may be other weekdays on occasion. Drivers may cover as few or as many shifts as they would like.
Location: Golden Valley, MN and Princeton, MN
Reports to: Volunteer Manager
- Safely and securely transport animal(s) to their destination, stacking and securing crates as needed
- Inform foster and/or RSR representative of any pertinent information passed along from the vetting team or that may have happened during the ride
- Communicate with designated contacts if any unforeseen circumstances occur
- Must be 18+
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Reliable access to the internet
- Ability to work courteously and cooperatively with all members of RSR and the public
- Good communication skills via email, text, and phone
- Familiarity with animals and knowledge of animal behavior
- morning / 06:00 AM to 07:30 AM
- 03:45 PM to 05:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Ruff Start Rescue
12526 319th Ave, Princeton, MN 55371, US
Ruff Start Rescue is dedicated to saving animals whose lives are at risk. We also educate the community about the importance of animal rescue and responsibility. www.facebook.com/ruffstart
Who We Are & How We Do It
We are a foster based animal rescue based out of Central MN. We are a No-Kill dog and cat rescue organization. We rescue stray, neglected, abandoned, and surrendered dogs and cats as well as ferrets, guinea pigs and rabbits. We all work very hard to place them in new loving homes. We have a facility in Princeton for staff and supplies, but we operate throughout all of central MN. In fact, we have most of our fosters in the twin cities and surrounding areas.
This group could not survive without all of our wonderful volunteers who spend countless hours devoting time to save lives. Most volunteers work full time jobs, have children, their own animals, etc and have a very busy schedule. So if your phone calls or emails are not answered by a live person right away, it’s probably because we are at work and will call you as soon as we can.
More info at: http://www.ruffstartrescue.com/info/index
12526 319th AvePrincetonPrinceton, MN 55371
May 5, 2022
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18