Spanish-Speaking Food Pantry Intake Assistant
ORGANIZATION: Catholic Charities of Boston
Please visit the new page to apply.
Catholic Charities Merrimack Valley, located in Lowell, is seeking a bilingual Spanish-Speaking Food Pantry Intake Assistant. Duties include assisting with providing intake services, which consists of gathering accurate information from the client and inputting that into the Catholic Charities database. Basic computer skills are required.
Catholic Charities serves those who are challenged with meeting their most basic needs. We embrace each family and work with them to create a plan to achieve self-sufficiency, giving back some of the choice that they lost along the way.
The ideal person for this opportunity is comfortable with computers, pays attention to detail, and is patient dealing with persons from different cultural backgrounds. This person should also feel comfortable communicating in both English and Spanish. Additionally, the volunteer must adhere to the agency's strict confidentiality policy.
Training will be provided. The assistant will work closely with the Food Pantry Coordinator.
Catholic Charities Merrimack Valley is accessible by public transportation (Lowell Commuter rail station and a 10-minute walk) or car. Free parking is provided in the back of the building or across the street.
The hours for this volunteer opportunity would be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 P.M. - 3:30 P.M.
If you are interested, please contact: Paula Norwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Manager of Volunteer Services at email@example.com
About Catholic Charities of Boston
275 West Broadway, Boston, MA 02127, US
Catholic Charities is building a just and compassionate society rooted in the dignity of all people.
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has continued its mission of building a just and compassionate society rooted in the dignity of all people.
As one of the largest providers of social services in Massachusetts, Catholic Charities offers approximately 90 programs and services in 23 locations from Lawrence to Brockton and throughout to Boston. More than 185,000 people are helped each year regardless of faith.
Our programs and services are provided in four major areas:
- As an anti-poverty agency, Catholic Charities responds to the needs of the poor and working poor in our communities. This is accomplished by providing or helping them access emergency food, fuel, utility, rental, and mortgage assistance.
- Catholic Charities provides a variety of support services for children and families in order to strengthen and preserve families and provide children and youth with the opportunities they deserve.
- Adult Education (ESOL) and workforce development programs prepare adult learners to take advantage of better employment opportunities to support their families
- With a variety of multicultural and multilingual services for immigrants and refugees, Catholic Charities is working to help these populations adjust to their new surroundings and become active participants in their communities.
Catholic Charities is a self-supporting, non-profit organization that relies on public, private, and United Way contributions.
70 Lawrence StreetLowell, MA 01852
May 5, 2022
- Basic Computer Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours a week (Tuesday and Thursday)