Patient Support Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Heritage OnCare Hospice
Position: Patient Support Volunteer
Reports To: Volunteer Coordinator
Job Description Summary
The patient support volunteer is a member of the interdisciplinary team with a desire to support patients and families in the Hospice Program.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Provide respite for patient caregivers
- Provide companionship for patients
- Run errands for patients or caregivers
- Prepare meals for patients
- Perform light housekeeping
- Read to patients
- Assist with other support needs of patient ore caregivers.
- Records accurate, objective, timely documentation of volunteer activities
- Participates in relevant education activities to provide competent support to patients and caregivers and to promote professional growth.
- Ability to communicate well with people of diverse background and ages
- Maintains open communication with other team members, reporting events or changes of concern to the Volunteer Coordinator or other team members
- Able to respect confidentiality at all times
- Self-motivated, dependable and responsible
- Able to work independently
- Able to work in a changing environment
- Able to practice proper infection control
- Able to maintain appropriate personal and professional boundaries
- Comfortable with death and the dying process
- Must be 18 years of age
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
16934 Frances Street200Omaha, NE 68130
May 5, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- Public Advocacy