Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Heritage OnCare Hospice
Position: Bereavement Volunteer
Reports To: Volunteer Coordinator
Job Description Summary
The bereavement volunteer provides support during the 13-month period following the death of a hospice patient through mailings, support groups and phone calls. The bereavement volunteer provides emotional support by using active listening skills, provides education regarding normal grief processes, provides information regarding available community resources, and makes referrals to the Bereavement Coordinator as needed.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Assist Bereavement Coordinator with support groups
- Phone calls to family members
- Assistance with mailings/filing
- Data entry
- Recording accurate, objective, timely documentation of volunteer activities
- Participates in relevant education activities to provide competent support to patients and caregivers and to promote professional growth.
- Ability to communicate well with people of diverse background and ages
- Willing to accept supervision and direction from the hospice team
- Attention to detail
- Able to respect confidentiality at all times
- Self-motivated, dependable and responsible
- Able to work independently
- Comfortable with death, dying and grief
- Able to work in a changing environment
- Must be 18 years of age
Volunteer Application - https://lnkd.in/ddhWWDUc
Company Website - https://www.heritageoncare.com/
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
16934 Frances Street200Omaha, NE 68130
May 5, 2022