F.L.Y. Girl Advocate and Curriculum Leader - AmeriCorps Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Hands On Nashville
Are you ready to F.L.Y.? Do you like to advocate for girls, especially girls of color? Help us teach our youth how to become a F.L.Y. (Forever Loving Yourself) Girl by becoming an AmeriCorps Member with The F.I.N.D. Design!
You will love this service role if you like to create curriculum, you have a talent for building partnerships, you don’t mind getting down in the details, and you value creating safe spaces for black girls and other girls of color.
The F.I.N.D. Design exists to mitigate the effects of systemic and personal trauma on Black girls and other girls of color age 11 to 17, by providing safe spaces for healing, long-term mentorships and programming that transform their mental health and overall well-being. The F.L.Y. Girl Advocate and Curriculum Leader will develop systems to support the growth of the organization by engaging new mission advocates, as well as assisting in the revision and publication of The F.L.Y. Girl Curriculum. This member will lead the creation of a Facilitator Toolkit, and will assist in the recruitment and onboarding of F.L.Y facilitators. The member will also assist with college tour planning and implementation.
This AmeriCorps member will leave their service term with skills in project management, curriculum creation, facilitating equitable groups and healing circles, program design, strategic recruitment, partnership engagement and college tour planning.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee, The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, and AmeriCorps, the federal agency connecting individuals and organizations through service and volunteering to tackle the nation’s most pressing challenges.
- Develop mission advocates by ensuring a clear, documented process for facilitators. This will include a facilitator kit and other tools to enhance the program approach
- Assist with streamlining processes by documenting intake, program eligibility, and registration procedures. Aid in producing, tracking, and assessing programs for participants through data entry that includes recording and maintaining program attendance
- Collaborate with programming staff to create a strong foundation of success for our team, volunteers, participants, and mentors. Use the tools of organization, process improvement, and essential planning to ensure the community has the opportunity to support girls of color and their families
- Plan and coordinate The F.I.N.D. Design's Annual Partner Engagement Brunch
Typical Day In This Position
This role is integral in the growth of the programming department, handling the scheduling of the Program Calendar and creating facilitator training opportunities. The member has a weekly leadership opportunity facilitating the regular Programming Team Touchpoint. This role will be responsible for the creation of agendas and ensuring all team members are engaged and informed.
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m-5 p.m., and some weekend events with advance notice
Members should have experience with or the willingness to develop competencies in these areas:
(1) Working with black girls & other girls of color ages 11-17
(2) Working with people from diverse backgrounds
(3) Proficiency in using Google Office Suite tools like Sheets, Docs and Forms or ability to learn new computer skills quickly.
Key abilities include:
(1) Good attendance, punctuality, and enthusiasm for your work.
(2) Willingness to solve problems and overcome challenges.
Bilingual Skills would be a plus. Reliable personal transportation is necessary in this role as the programming department is constantly on the go.
Can professional experience be substituted for formal education: Yes
Office or service environment may include noisy environments; Service responsibilities require the member to communicate verbally via the telephone and/or computer; Service responsibilities require moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another; Responsibilities in the position may entail serving in the outdoors and potentially in inclement weather; Responsibilities in the position may entail sitting for extended periods of time; Lift and carry up to 20-30lbs;
Required Driver’s License: Yes
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8331 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Nashville, TN 37210
May 5, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME