REMOTE Tutoring & Mentorship Position (No experience required)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Step Up Tutoring
Step Up Tutoring is a California non-profit, aiming to improve student success in under-resourced communities through academic support & mentorship. We began the movement after seeing millions of students falling behind during the pandemic and knew we had to help. The long term effects of COVID-19 learning loss will be felt in the education system for years to come and we are at a crucial point to get students back on track.
Partnered with the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) and Azusa Unified School District, we're looking for online volunteer tutors and mentors to work with students in under-resourced communities.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with a student in grades 3-6, twice a week (45-minutes each session), all online over Zoom
- Help with homework in Math and English
- Work with teachers to provide personalized learning
- Mentor, support & have fun with your student!
How it works:
- You select the best times that work around YOUR schedule
- Step Up Tutoring supports you with training and resources (no experience required!)
- Login via Zoom and have fun with your student!
- Reside in the United States
- Complete brief interview
- Background check
- Enjoy working with kids!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Fullerton, CA 90401
May 5, 2022