Lead Volunteer Position: Food Bank Distribution
ORGANIZATION: North Helpline
Please visit the new page to apply.
North Helpline believes all deserve adequate food, housing, and respect. We assist our neighbors in obtaining basic needs that affirm their human dignity and worth. North Helpline provides critical human services to over 1,500 clients each week in an effort to reduce the impact of hunger and poverty in greater north Seattle.
North Helpline is actively seeking volunteers for the position of Lead Distribution Volunteer. Accepting a role in this position will see a volunteer arrive shortly before the start of the distribution and guide the process of setup. This will include setting up tables and chairs, delegating tasks to volunteers, pulling food and hygiene items from the pull list and ensuring the area is ready for neighbors.
- Set up tables, crates and food for distribution
- Assist in directing volunteers
- Restock food and hygiene items as needed
- Ensure areas are kept clean and sanitary
- Lead in closing to put food, tables and supplies away
- Support other volunteers by offering breaks and answering questions
- Volunteers should be scheduled for one (1) shift per week on a consistent basis with the ideal goal of a six month commitment
- All volunteer leads are expected to have completed all trainings and to stay current on best practices.
- Be organized and maintain attention to detail
- Coordination and communication skills to facilitate working with team members
- Comfortable working in a shared, fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Commitment to building an anti-racist organization
Physical Requirements :
This position will require volunteers to be on their feet most of the time, the ability to work with three to four other individuals, to keep track of multiple projects at once and to respond to new information. Volunteers will need to bend and lift up to 20 lbs regularly. Noise levels in the warehouse are consistent with a grocery store. The warehouse is not temperature controlled and volunteers should dress for the weather.
Hiring Process / Timeline
- For more information or to express interest in this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include "Volunteer Lead: Lead Distribution Volunteer" in the subject line of your email.
08:30 AM to 11:15 AM
Wednesday and Saturday first shift
11:00 AM to 02:30 PM
Wednesday and Saturday second shift
03:30 PM to 07:30 PM
Thursday Afternoon shift
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
9 More opportunities with North Helpline
About North Helpline
12736 33rd Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125, US
We believe that all deserve adequate food, housing, and respect. We assist our neighbors in obtaining basic needs that affirm their human dignity and worth.
North Helpline is a non-profit organization that was formed in 1989 by concerned citizens, business leaders, service organizations, and local church members who saw their neighbors experiencing difficult times. Recognized by such organizations as the United Way, the Seattle Foundation, the City of Seattle, and the Greater Seattle Council of Churches. North Helpline provides a variety of emergency services to local residents; including a food bank, financial aid to prevent evictions and utility shut-offs, hygiene supplies, diapers and baby food; and referrals to other agencies that help residents get back on their feet.
We distribute food to our neighbors in North Seattle three times a week, keeping over 1,200 individuals fed. Our work would not be possible without the thousands of volunteer hours served here every year.
12736 33rd Ave NESeattleSeattle, WA 98125
April 18, 2023
- Group Facilitation
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- ideally 6 months