10 people are interested
Would you like to offer support to patients and family during end-of-life transition?
ORGANIZATION: AVOW HOSPICE INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
Share your gift of compassionate care with hospice patients and their families through their life transitions. Patient and family support volunteers are members of the patient's interdisciplinary team, working with Avow clinical and social care staff to help ease the journey for patients and their families. Volunteers may visit with patients and families in private homes, the Frances Georgeson Hospice House, or long term care facilities. Volunteers may provide companionship visits or respite visits ,allowing caregivers the time to run errands or get much needed break for their own personal care. Volunteers provide a wide range of support services including:
- Visiting patients to offer companionship.
- Providing respite for family members who are caretakers.
- Sitting vigil with patients during their final hours.
- Bringing your trained pet to visit patients in long term care facilities (dogs must be certified by Pet Partners or PAWS Assistance dogs).
- Assisting in the care of the pets of our patients through Avow's Pet Peace of Mind program.
- Providing massage therapy, aroma therapy, or music therapy.
10 More opportunities with AVOW HOSPICE INC
About AVOW HOSPICE INC
1095 WHIPPOORWILL LN, NAPLES, FL 34105, US
We create peace of mind by providing compassionate care and support to those who need us.
Avow was founded in 1983 as a non-profit resource for hospice care for people facing chronic or serious illness. Over the years Avow has expanded services to include palliative and bereavement support services for children and adults and has become widely recognized for the quality of compassionate care and support it provides to residents of Southwest Florida.
As a non-profit service provider, Avow relies heavily on volunteers to assist with both patient and non-patient-related activities. Volunteers interested in patient-related assignments conduct companionship visits, music and massage therapy. Volunteers provide support services through bereavement, Avow Kids support, Veterans’ services, and the PAWS activity that uses pet therapy to bring comfort.
Whether you want to give back to the community, develop new skills or make a difference in the lives of people going through life-changing transitions, Avow has a volunteer opportunity for you. We offer a wide variety of volunteering positions for every interest, schedule, experience level and talent set.
Multiple locations Naples, FL 34105
March 15, 2023
- Elder care
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers are requested to commit to four hours each week.
- Avow Volunteer Orientation, COVID vaccination, ACHA background check, background check, TB testing, Flu shot (during flu season).