Teen Volunteers with Community Hospice
ORGANIZATION: Community Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
Our mission is to honor life by providing Peace, Hope and Compassion to those we serve.
Teen Volunteer Program
Community Hospice of Columbiana County is currently seeking friendly, talented youth to participate in our Teen Volunteer Team.
Positions and tasks that fall under our Teen Volunteer umbrella include:
- Project Sunshine - A one-time project that provides a small supportive gift or message to our patients and families. This project is perfect for any age, can be completed by formal or informal groups, or as an individual
- Community Outreach- Teens can join us as we participate in community events, present educational topics to groups, and visit nursing homes and community centers to provide activities and support
- Special Projects- Youth can join us as we complete special projects to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and other holiday support and celebrations for our community and patients
- Fundraising - Runners, ushers, servers, or just people with an upbeat and positive attitude are always needed on our Fundraising Committee and for day-of support
- Direct Patient Care- Teen Volunteers can join me in making friendly, supportive visits to our patients and families and patients
- Choose Your Own Adventure- Your teen has talents and ideas beyond those that we mentioned. We’d love to hear their out of the box ideas! We never know when and idea can start a whole new adventure
Community Hospice Teen Volunteers must have parental permission and a letter of a recommendation from their Guidance Counselor before they attend a quick training session. Teen Volunteers are always paired with a Community Hospice Staff member while they are completing their volunteer tasks.
Community Hospice volunteers are an essential part of the hospice team. Our trained volunteers provide much needed support serving our patients and families wherever they are in their journey.
11 More opportunities with Community Hospice
About Community Hospice
2341 East State Street Unit B, Salem, OH 44460, US
To honor life by providing peace, hope and compassion to those we serve.
Our Legacy: Community Hospice has local roots in every county we serve. We are an organization that was started by the community to serve the community. As one of the most respected non-profit hospice programs in teh state, Community Hospice has served our community for 30 years and served more than 10,000 patients and families.
Over the years we have expanded our service area and added satellite offices as well as a Hospice House to better serve our patients and families. We currently have offices in Tuscarawas, Stark, Carroll, Columbiana and Coshocton counties with our Hospice House located in New Philadelphia.
Our Doctors, nurses and other key staff members work with physicians throughout the community to provide exceptional care to patients. Community Hospice is a health care provider with 200 employees and over 550 volunteers... all dedicated to providing comprehensive, compassionate serive to seriously ill people and those who love them.
2341 East State StreetSalem, OH 44460
March 17, 2023
- Orientation or Training