Volunteer Medical Director
ORGANIZATION: Mission Medical Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
Mission Medical Center
Volunteer Medical Director
The Medical Director develops implements and evaluates the medical practice delivery model in accordance with the goals of Mission Medical Center. This physician ensures delivery of quality services in a culturally competent manner to all patients. The Medical Director is the supervising physician for volunteer medical providers and mid-level practitioners.
Hours per week: 5
- When schedule permits, provides medical care to clinic patients
- Develops and implements medical policies, protocols and standard operating procedures for clinic operations
- Participates in Quality Assurance Activities
- Supervises mid-level providers
- Serve as resource to Primary Care Clinic Manager and Executive Director in areas relating to clinic operations
- Participates in the orientation of volunteer medical providers to the operating policies and procedures of the clinic
- Participates in the recruitment and retention of volunteer physicians
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical school
- Board certified in one of the primary care specialties
- Current State of Colorado license
- Preferred: experience working with underserved populations
- Preferred: fluent in English and Spanish
Executive Director, Mission Medical Center
About Mission Medical Center
2125 E LA SALLE ST, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80909, US
"To heal the sick in the name of Jesus." Mission Medical Center is a free health-care clinic providing services to the low income, working poor, uninsured and under-insured in the Pikes Peak Region. When there is nowhere else to turn, the under-served seek services at Mission Medical Center where the whole person is treated: body, mind and spirit. Patients are always treated with compassion and dignity. In fact, we spoil our patients with lengthy appointments and giving them the opportunity to address multiple issues. MMC allows one hour for a NEW patient to be seen by our volunteer provider!
MMC is here to fill the gaps in the health-care system and be a safety net clinic for those in need of health-care services. Mission Medical Center is here to serve.
Mission Medical Center provides healthcare services to the low income, working poor, uninsured and under-insured of the Pikes Peak Region. MMC offers FREE health care to patients18-64. Our serves and care include, primary medical care, Respiratory care, Dental, Vision, diabetic care, and behavioral health services.
MMC is also able to give out dirable medical equipment to those who other wise would not be able to afford it. Such include: walkers, crutches, bath and shower chairs, ect...Through generous donations MMC is able to hand out hundreds of needed equipment every year.
2125 East La Salle St.Colorado Springs, CO 80909
May 3, 2022
- Patient Care
- Orientation or Training