Financial Literacy Instructor - Riverview
ORGANIZATION: LifeSmart Education
Please visit the new page to apply.
Who We Are
LifeSmart Education is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that enhances the availability of nontraditional educational classes and resources for underserved youth and communities. We help those who need unwavering, positive life management skills. Youth aren't born knowing the life skills that we wish they did; they must be taught and molded into productive members of society. At LifeSmart Education, we teach youth how to be socially and emotionally successful and enable them to achieve their highest potential as law-abiding global citizens.
We are looking for passionate educators to join us as instructors for our partnership with Riverview International Center.
We are looking for financial literacy instructors to teach a course on the fundamentals of financial planning. The course is intended to prepare newcomers to America in making informed choices related to opening a bank account, budgeting, spending, saving, borrowing and investing.
The program will run for 12 weeks starting in June. The classes will be 90 minutes each on Thursday evenings between 6pm to 9pm.
The program will require travel within the Columbus, OH area with a time commitment of 1-5 hours a week. There will be travel reimbursement.
- Update relevant information to include new developments in education
- Adapts and reassess curriculum to fit student needs while maintaining overall class progress
- Comply with newly implemented guidelines or rules
- Record and report student performance
- Ensure the gathering of data, i.e., student attendance, tests and classroom instruction notes
- Manage the diverse ability levels of students
- Assess and record student development while identifying problem areas and areas which need attention and improvement
- Attend curriculum meetings to discuss program needs and progress
- Build and maintain positive relationships with students
- Enforces safety and security standards for students, staff, and visitors
- Communicates all progress and concerns with tact and professionalism to students or other instructors, staff, and/or president of LifeSmart Education.
- Proficient in the use of technology; Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, LMS experience preferred
- Able to set up a projector and laptop or willingness and ability to learn
- Flexible and adaptable teaching practices
- Patience and empathy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship building
- Orientation and/or Training
- 1+ years of teaching experience
- Knowledge in Finance
- Willing to submit to a background check
About LifeSmart Education
P.O. Box 1325, Grove City, OH 43123, US
Helping underserved populations with a transformative education that empowers, motivates, and encourages them to become productive,law-abiding, global citizens.
Diversity has been an area of concern in international education for many years, Global Diversity Abroad, our sister company, mission is to present the opportunity for historically over-looked high school students with the possibility to learn on an international platform. This program is specially designed to meet the needs of minority and at-risk youth, guiding them through a course of study that will expose them to drastic life changing experiences abroad.
Our goal is to formulate a preventative social mindset where students are exposed to new ideas, build positive relationships, develop confidence and experience new challenges. This is our model to empower young people to be globally-minded individuals by transforming their lives.
3989 BroadwayGrove City, NY 43123
May 2, 2022
- Financial Planning
- Professional Development
- Financial Service Assistance
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training