We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Crohn's & Colitis Foundation VOLUNTEER HELP at Carlsbad Flower Fields
ORGANIZATION: Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
PoopUp Volunteer Role Descriptions:
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation PoopUp Experience. This is a fun, STEM-inspired museum-like experience that will offer education and awareness surrounding the Crohn’s & Colitis Mission. This interactive exhibit walks the public through the GI tract, with games and other educational poop and gut health facts. With the help of volunteers, we can make this exhibit a memorable and shareable experience with both children and adults.
The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch
5704 Paseo Del Norte
Carlsbad, CA 92008
- How many volunteers are needed to manage the PoopUp exhibit? We recommend 6-8 volunteers and a dedicated staff representative on-site to support the exhibit. Our logistics company that ships and maintains the PoopUp during the tour will also have a project manager on-site to guide the volunteers on the setup and breakdown.
- What are the volunteer roles? Volunteers will be asked to help set up the exhibit at the beginning of the day and break down and repack the exhibit when complete. This will require some lifting and use of essential tools (such as Allen wrenches-provided) to assemble and disassemble the PoopUp’s five separate exhibits and signage. While the PoopUp is active, volunteers can be on-site to greet and guide guests, answer general questions, and hand out materials. Volunteers may be needed to keep guests moving through the exhibit.
- How long does it take to assemble and disassemble the PoopUp tent and exhibits? With 6 to 8 volunteers plus a dedicated staff and the PoopUp project manager, it is estimated to take 2-3 hours to unload, unpack, assemble, and set up the PoopUp tent and exhibits. It will take roughly the same amount of time to disassemble, repack, and reload the exhibit when the event is complete.
Below, are details of what we ask from our volunteers on the day of the event: (Shifts will be in 2-3 hour increments) *Time Frames vary depending on on-site location.
- AM or MID Day Volunteers can choose to work both shifts and work beyond set up to help with staff when the exhibit is open to the public.
- Volunteers will help unload materials from the truck; emoji tent, materials, displays, banners, etc. (there will be heavy lifting involved with some items)
- With Assistance from Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation staff, help assemble exhibit displays. (Assembly tools will be provided)
- Please wear comfortable shoes, leave personal belongings at home as we will not have a secure place to put them, dress accordingly to the weather, bring that water bottle, and HAVE FUN.
- IF you have volunteered in the past with Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation and have a volunteer shirt, please feel free to wear it.
About the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
We are a non-profit, volunteer-fueled organization dedicated to finding cures for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases.
Since our founding in 1967, the Foundation has played a role in every breakthrough in IBD research. We have invested more than $400 million into finding the causes, treatments, and cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. And we won’t stop until we realize our vision of a future free from Crohn’s and colitis.
- Sun May 15, 2022 - 03:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- Sun May 15, 2022 - 01:45 PM to 03:00 PM
- Sun May 15, 2022 - 10:30 AM to 01:30 PM
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
PO Box 6844, San Antonio, TX 78209, US
To cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases.
ake Steps for Crohn's & Colitis is CCFA's largest fundraising event. Participants raise funds and awareness throughout the year and come together to celebrate the steps that have been taken towards a cure. We’re committed to help transform the lives of those impacted by these diseases to one of a brighter future based on well-funded, cutting-edge scientific research.
5704 Paseo Del NorteCarlsbad, CA 92008
May 2, 2022
- General Education
- Child Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 12
- Multiple Shifts from set up to breakdown. We love children and they can absolutely volunteer, we just ask that they are accompanied by an adult who loves to volunteer.