7 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Holden Arboretum
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
The Corning Library at the Holden Arboretum, along with the Eleanor Squire Library at the Cleveland Botanical Garden, serve as centers for research, relaxation, and reading in the areas of botany, horticulture, environmental issues, and gardening and are collectively among the largest circulating libraries of its type in the country. Most of the library's assets are available for loan to members and volunteers, as well as serving as a valuable resource for staff and researchers.
The circulating collection is comprised of books and periodicals (both popular magazines and journals). There are also non-circulating collections of archives, historical texts, and/or rare books at both locations.
Volunteers assist patrons in their search for materials, checking items in/out, shelving and shifting, recording and answering reference questions, and general customer service interactions. Additionally, special projects such as cataloging, archival indexing, creating displays, and digitization are available.
- Support staff and serve as a positive representative of Holden Forests & Gardens
- Follow supervisor instructions to complete tasks
- Provide customer service to members and guests of all ages in the library, answering reference questions as able or recording them in the question tracker
- Circulation of materials (check-in, checkout)
- Assist visitors in locating library materials
- Assist with library maintenance projects such as cataloging, removing items from the collection, and processing periodicals
- Help library staff with other research or clerical projects, as needed
- Shelving and shifting books
- Perform opening and closing procedures
- Maintain the safety of people and plants
- Attend trainings, orientations or clinics as required
- Additional related tasks as needed
3 More opportunities with Holden Arboretum
About Holden Arboretum
9500 Sperry Road, Kirtland, OH 44094, US
Holden Arboretum is a campus of Holden Forests & Gardens. Holden Forests & Gardens connects people with the wonder, beauty, and value of trees and plants, to inspire action for healthy communities.
Holden Forests & Gardens is made up of two of Northeast Ohio’s most important environmental and cultural institutions - the Holden Arboretum and Cleveland Botanical Garden - whose mission is to advance and inspire a deeper understanding of plants to enhance life. The 12th largest public garden in the country, Holden Forests & Gardens has more than 22,000 member households and an annual attendance of close to 400,000, for whom we strive to provide inspirational and educational visitor experiences.
Holden Forests & Gardens is making a positive impact in the region through urban greening and forestry initiatives, environmental research, nature-based educational programs, and world-class visitor experiences at its two campuses.
We envision a future in which all communities are transformed into vibrant places where trees, plants, and people thrive.
9550 Sperry RoadKirtland, OH 44094
February 6, 2023
- Library Sciences
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Current need is 1-4pm every other Sunday; year-round availability; minimum three month commitment
- New volunteers need to complete the Holden Forests & Gardens online orientation and application. All onsite volunteers need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.