Verona: You Can Help Save Lives...Support Area Blood Drives
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Virginia Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Are you a friendly, well-organized and enthusiastic person who can represent the Red Cross at local blood drives? If so, you can help save lives by volunteering to help at local blood drives!
The Red Cross collects and distributes about 40 percent of our nation's blood supply. Volunteer blood donor ambassadors ensure that blood donors have a pleasant and rewarding experience from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave. During the blood drive, whether you are greeting donors, answering questions or thanking them for their donation, your courtesy and professionalism will create a favorable impression that encourages ongoing donor support.
You will need to meet these important qualifications:
- Model excellent customer service behaviors
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies.
- Must be over the age of 16
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Comfortable with technology to help donors sign in and ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
- Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture
About American Red Cross - Virginia Region
American Red Cross, 182 Neff Avenue, Harrisonsburg, VA 22801, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Verona, VA 24482
May 11, 2022
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 1-5 to 6 hour shifts a month