K-8 Education Assistant
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: St. Joseph Worker Program of OrangeExplore the possibility of becoming a teacher! Learn and teach alongside veteran teachers who will guide you through the process of becoming a teacher!
This service year opportunity will allow women to discover your real passions in education and have a positive impact on children in low-income areas. You’ll be working at a K-8 Catholic elementary school, which provides quality catholic education available and affordable to the community of Santa Ana, Ca, which has a 20% poverty rate.
Learn the skills to be an educator and share your talents with those in need. Assist classroom teacher(s) in performing specific duties as assigned or undertake specialized tasks including:
- Conduct basic skills development, learning exercises and tutoring with small groups of students
- Assess individual student needs/abilities and adapt curriculum for individual and small-group instruction
- Prepare lesson plans, instructional materials and classroom activities
- Lead classroom teaching
- Create an environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Assist in establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior and implementing policies
- Creative self-starter with positive, optimistic attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer, database, report generation skills
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines, work harmoniously and cooperatively with other staff
- Well-organized, flexible and able to manage different projects concurrently and often under pressure; able to set priorities and manage time effectively in a team environment.
We invite women ages 21-35 to join our St. Joseph Worker program. We have short- and long-term placements, 6-11 months. We provide room and board a monthly stipend, transportation to service site, health insurance if needed, and mentoring and training for personal and professional development. Besides work experience our volunteers have the opportunity to develop and grow in spirituality in the spirit of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
6846 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Santa Ana, CA 92868
August 1, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME