Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Creative Thinking and Visual Arts Inc
Creative Thinking and Visual Arts Inc is a Non-Profit Organization Based in the Bronx that provides Business and skill development for professional and/or aspiring professional artists. Our Longtime Goal is to Make NYC’s Art Sector the most inclusive and Best place for artist to have a financially stable career. We believe that through our targeted programs we can create a paradigm where "Living" Artist and Artist of Color can Thrive and make a great living out of this massively important Field.
The mission of the organization to make a more inclusive art ethos, to preserve traditional art making practices and works, to provide a cheaper alternative to high art education,to directly combat the connection of wealth and race disparities, provide funding and space to POC, teach ethical capitalism, and provide sound financial literacy and intellectual property rights protection classes.
We are looking for Board Members in the following categories and beyond.
- know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission
- leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the organization’s mission
- give a meaningful personal financial donation
- help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing, and can influence public policy
- prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
- participate fully in one or more committees
- Experince Fundraising
- Strong Leadership skills
- Great social skills
- works well with groups
- can dedicate 5-10 hrs a week of their time
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Bronx County, NY 10459
April 30, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK