Marketing & Public Relations Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: A Free Bird
Volunteer Application: https://forms.clickup.com/f/dg3xb-3587/3TIB9OCNV1L443XMEE
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression through art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
As a Marketing and Communications volunteer, you will directly support the Programs and Fundraising departments through the development of digital strategies, project management, and building relationships with key external stakeholders.
Within this department, there are different opportunities, from credit based internships to experienced professional roles. If selected for an interview, we will assess and confirm the position level based on your experience and qualifications upon conclusion of the process.
- Maintain professional relationships with donors and sponsors
- Lead and develop outreach campaign strategies to ensure a consistent brand image.
- Manage daily projects of digital and traditional campaigns, as well as develop strategy, analytics, and logistics
- Manage timelines for eAppeals, campaigns, activiations, and optimizations (such as donor pages, homepage, and confirmations)
- Ensure organizational messaging and brand profile are consistent across all marketing channels
- Monitor and share trends happening in the nonprofit space to inform the Marketing Strategy
- Brainstorm creative and innovative ways to engage with stakeholders and prospects
- 1-2+ years experience in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Drive applications
- Creativity in tapping and cultivating mainstream media and social networking communities
- Positive, energetic, and proactive multi-tasker who can work independently or collaboratively
- Strong listener, with a high degree of professionalism and flexibility, including the ability to prioritize and effectively manage assignments in a timely fashion
This position requires a three month commitment and at least 5 - 10 hours per week.*
*Mandatory commitment is based on position level.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote. Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
542 Atlantic AveBrooklyn, NY 11201
April 30, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK