ORGANIZATION: Aslan Youth Ministries
Please visit the new page to apply.
Aslan Youth Ministries is seeking volunteer tutors to work with children ages 5-18 on English and math skills. Our program is not a "homework buddy" club but is, instead, solidly based on remediation. Aslan pinpoints the needs of each child with pre-testing, and an individual plan is subsequently developed for every student to help them "catch up" to grade level.
- No experience necessary, training will be provided.
- Tutors will also serve as Mentors (positive, dependable role models) to our students.
- Must be willing to provide student transportation to and from tutoring location when needed.
- Mandatory background check for volunteers ages 18+.
Time commitment: 2 hours on a Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon every week from July 5-August 24
Location: Long Branch Covenant Church, 355 Joline Avenue, Long Branch, NJ 07740
About Aslan Youth Ministries
257 Harding Rd., P.O. Box 270, Red Bank, NJ 07701, US
The mission of Aslan Youth Ministries is to provide relationship-based programs that permanently impact the bodies, minds, and spirits of disadvantaged urban children and empower them to overcome their negative environments and circumstances.
Aslan's programs include one-on-one mentoring and tutoring, character development classes anchored in Christian values and principles, recreational activities, summer camps, cultural enrichment programs, intervention services, and scholarship assistance programs for higher learning.
257 Harding RoadP.O. Box 270Red Bank, NJ 07701
April 29, 2022
- Mandatory background check for volunteers ages 18+