DCS: Sheltering Team Member - Sussex, DE
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position supports the Regional Disaster Cycle Services department. Initial position until all required training and qualifications are completed to obtain the disaster responder group and activity service associate (G/A/P) and position description.
- Complete training and qualifications for chosen disaster responder group/activity/position in 90 days.
- Continue engagement activities in the chapter/region.
- Communicate progress and roadblocks to supervisor.
- Time Commitment
2-4 hours a week. Some hours would need to be during "regular business hours" and on weekends. Hours many increase depending on regional projects and priorities.
Responsibilities vary depending on assignment.
- May include providing support to one or more of the following areas within the shelter:
- Provide excellent customer service to clients
- Complete the required virtual self-paced training (3.5 hours of training total)
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies for in-person volunteer activities.
- None for Trainee position. Trainee completes required qualifications on the chosen G/A/P position description.
About American Red Cross - National Capital & Greater Chesapeake Region
4700 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to a service member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Sussex, NJ 07461
May 16, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-, 6- 8- or 12- hour shifts. Single shifts acceptable.