DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Digital Literacy Instructors Needed--Seniors
ORGANIZATION: Eden Housing, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Are you a tech-savvy individual who would like to make a direct impact by working with the senior community? Digital Literacy Instructors work with seniors one-on-one or in small groups to teach them how to make use of current technologies and tools to stay connected with loved ones and to handle online essential tasks that can advance their quality of life.
Schedule & Location:
Eden Issei Terrace, Hayward, Ca - Need for Korean Speakers with basic computer knowledge Every Tuesday 10:00am-12:00pm
- Commit to a weekly one-on-one or small group instructional shift
- Help seniors learn how to use their laptops, smartphones, or tablets
- Assist with the set-up and breakdown of technology equipment
- Act as a resource and guide, helping them learn how to find resources and information
- Work closely with the Technology Programs Manager to implement classroom activities
- Understand how to use basic technology: laptops, smartphones, and email.
- Previous technology tutoring experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience working with seniors is preferred, but not required.
- Patience and an ability to explain things simply to someone who did not grow up being immersed in technology.
- Handling minor technical issues in the classroom
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive personality and demeanor.
- Ability to embrace the challenge of teaching basic technology concepts related to internet services, computers, mobile devices, and applications.
- You enjoy and/or have experience working with diverse populations of students and communities
- Bilingual in Korean
You will LOVE working with this age group; helping them get online and connect with family and friends and their passions. As a Digital Literacy Instructor, you will gain insight into the life and experiences of seniors, as well as the joy and satisfaction that comes from helping the elderly connect with others, become more engaged in the community, and learn new skills.
About Eden Housing, Inc.
22645 Grand Street, Hayward, CA 94541, US
Eden Housing creates and sustains high-quality affordable housing communities that advance equity and opportunity for all.
Eden Housing, Inc. is a California non-profit corporation founded in 1968 by six community activists who were concerned about the lack of non-discriminatory, affordable housing in Northern California. These volunteers began by rehabilitating older homes in Hayward for first time homebuyer families. In the mid-1980s, Eden Housing incorporated an affiliated property management company, Eden Housing Management, Inc. (EHMI), which currently provides quality onsite management and maintenance for more than 9,000 affordable homes throughout California. In the mid-1990's, Eden Housing expanded its scope to include the provision of free onsite support services and programs for its residents.Our services include technology programming; "green" resident education; youth academic, enrichment and recreation programs; programs for seniors and persons with disabilities; financial literacy; job/career preparation; and health and wellness programs for all ages.
Today, Eden has a portfolio of 9,000 units at 145 properties across 15 counties in California. Eden develops new construction and acquires and rehabilitates existing properties to preserve them. During the past 53 years, over 65,000 people have come home to an Eden Housing community. At Eden Housing, we have more than 20,000 households on our waiting list and a portfolio-wide vacancy rate of 1%, demonstrating a huge demand for our work.
Multiple locations Hayward, CA 94544
February 8, 2023
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- 4-6 weeks
- Bilingual preferred