1 person is interested
K-8 Education Assistant
ORGANIZATION: St. Joseph Worker Program
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Explore the possibility of becoming a teacher!
Learn and teach alongside veteran teachers who will guide you through the process of becoming a teacher! This service year internship opportunity will allow women to discover their real passions in education and have a positive impact on children in low-income areas. As a volunteer intern you’ll be working at a K-8 Catholic elementary school, which provides quality catholic education available and affordable to the community of Santa Ana, Ca, which has a 20% poverty rate.
Learn the skills to be an educator and share your talents with those in need. Assist classroom teacher(s) in performing specific duties as assigned or undertake specialized tasks including:
- Conduct basic skills development, learning exercises and tutoring with small groups of students
- Assess individual student needs/abilities and adapt curriculum for individual and small-group instruction
- Prepare lesson plans, instructional materials and classroom activities
- Lead classroom teaching
- Create an environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Assist in establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior and implementing policies
Roles and responsibilities adjusted based on your interests, skills and talents.
- Creative self-starter with positive, optimistic attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer, database, report generation skills
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines, work harmoniously and cooperatively with other staff
- Well-organized, flexible and able to manage different projects concurrently and often under pressure; able to set priorities and manage time effectively in a team environment.
Live in community with other women, ages 21-35, seeking to grow and serve, just like you!
We invite women ages 21-35 to join our St. Joseph Worker program. We have short- and long-term placements, 6-11 months. We provide room and board a monthly stipend, transportation to service site, health insurance if needed, and mentoring and training for personal and professional development. Besides work experience our volunteers have the opportunity to develop and grow in spirituality in the spirit of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange.
About St. Joseph Worker Program
440 S Batavia Street, Orange, CA 92868, US
The St. Joseph Worker Program empowers women to respond to the needs of the times in the tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph.
We invite women between the ages of 21 - 35 to make a personal commitment to serve their dear neighbor while enriching themselves in four core values of spirituality, justice, leadership, and community and simplicity. Our workers live and work in Orange County; together forming an intentional community. Placements are in social services, education, healthcare, advocacy and systemic change.
We provide monthly stipend, room & board, transportation to and from work, health insurance. We also offer the option of spiritual mentoring, student loan deferment/forbearances, and most importantly support from the sisters.
608 Civic Center Drive EastSanta Ana, CA 92701
April 29, 2022
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Full time program commitment
- This program is for women only. 36 hours per week at service site