Help someone when they need it most-Join a Disaster Action Team in Buckingham VA
ORGANIZATION: AMERICAN RED CROSS
Please visit the new page to apply.
While big hurricanes and wildfires get the most news coverage, smaller disasters are no less devastating to the families affected. Most of the 60,000 emergencies that the Red Cross responds to each year are smaller disasters like home fires. As a Disaster Action Team volunteer, you can help comfort and support people in your community by meeting any immediate needs such as food, shelter, clothing, or supplies and connecting them to long-term recovery services. We supply all the training you need.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Disaster Action Team program including:
1. Supporting the annual goals, Regional Disaster Officer (RDO) objectives, and regional/chapter plan for
DAT services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
2. Completes all required training and maintains current training standards as DAT program requirements
3. Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
4. Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program.
(Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program, and other tasks
assigned by the DAT Leader.)
Participation in this role requires four (4) 12 hour shifts, monthly
DAT Members must also:
* Be at least 18 years of age
* Possess a valid driver's license
*Be cleared after a background check
* Have the ability to independently travel to and from their work location.
* Have a willingness to adapt to and utilize technology such as smartphones & tablets Service on a DAT
may require evening/night, weekend, and/or holiday commitments. All participating DAT members
are required to familiarize themselves with DAT procedures and documents as posted to The Exchange
under the Disaster Action Team Toolkit
*Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies for in-person volunteer activities
* Ability to Adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity
* Ability to build effective relationships with others who can help with work-related goals and work in a
Length of Appointment
Once trained may remain active as long as required training is updated and minimum service requirements
maintained. DAT membership will be evaluated and renewed yearly based on interest, availability, and
To apply or learn more, visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=2244&h=990&p=1757797 or contact your local office:
1105 Rose Hill Dr
107 More opportunities with AMERICAN RED CROSS1 Review
About AMERICAN RED CROSS
2825 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Buckingham, VA 23921
February 27, 2023
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Disaster Response
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Four (4) 12 hour shifts per month