ORGANIZATION: Humane Society of Loudoun County
Please visit the new page to apply.
As a creative and collaborative leader with a passion for marketing, storytelling, and strategic communication, you support and lead HSLC’s budding marketing team.
- Lead the development and execution of integrated marketing and content strategies to advance HSLC’s programs.
- Oversee HSLC’s digital presence, including strategy and content creation for HSLC’s website, paid advertising, blog, email, and social media channels. This includes advising on tools/systems to support HSLC’s digital presence.
- Collect and analyze data to support the development of marketing strategies.
- Monitor marketing trends and best practices for animal rescue groups.
- Champion the HSLC brand. Ensure campaigns, content, and communication are consistent with brand guidelines and organizational messaging.
- Collaborate with leadership to respond to issues that require public relations support.
- Oversee a team of content creators and digital experts, recruiting additional volunteers as necessary.
- Manage limited resources responsibly.
- Other duties as requested.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven leadership experience in marketing and digital engagement, preferably for a non-profit organization.
- Clear and persuasive verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to partner collaboratively with external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to represent HSLC in a professional and positive manner.
- Solid computer aptitude and willingness to learn new tools.
- Resourceful, flexible, adaptable, and detail-oriented.
Benefits of volunteering in this role include:
- Direct impact in helping more animals in need
- Additional leadership experience
- Invitation to volunteer appreciation events
- Potential invitation to HSLC’s prestigious Advisory Board
About Humane Society of Loudoun County
P.O. Box 777, Leesburg, VA 20178, US
The Humane Society of Loudoun County is a foster-based volunteer organization that partners with the community to save more animals and achieve a No Kill Community
The Humane Society of Loudoun County (HSLC) is a non profit 501(3)c animal welfare organization founded in 1966. Our mission is to partner with our community to work towards a time when all animals have loving homes. We do not have a physical shelter or location.
Based in Loudoun County Virginia, our programs and services include Rescue (Intake), Foster, Adoption, Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) / Community Cats, Barn-Working Cats, Pet Pantry, Low Cost Spay / Neuter, Financial Assistance, Media & Public Relations, Youth Education & Programs, Humane Education, Paw Prints Newsletter, General Helpline & Email, Fundraising, Volunteer Management, Social Events, Fundraising Events, and Community Outreach.
In 2020, we supported 273 adoptions, helped 310 community cats, moved 28 working cats, supported 927 spay/neuter surgeries, and delivered 24,000 pounds of Pet Pantry food to Loudoun Hunger Relief. We are looking to surpass these numbers in 2021 through the help of our incredible volunteers.
Loudoun County VALeesburg, VA 20175
April 28, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Content Management Systems