Volunteer Drivers Needed to Deliver Lifesaving Blood Products to Local Hospitals
ORGANIZATION: AMERICAN RED CROSS
Please visit the new page to apply.
Brief Organizational Description: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteer Position Description and Purpose: The purpose of the Blood Services Transportation Specialist is to safely transport blood from collection sites to the lab for processing and/or deliver blood or blood products to hospital customers.
Volunteer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Transport blood from collection site to Red Cross laboratory
- Transport finished blood or blood products to hospital customers as routine or "stat" deliveries
- Pick up empty boxes from hospitals as necessary
- Deliver supplies to blood collection sites as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures as necessary
- Communicate with Red Cross staff on feedback from customers or any urgent issue
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner as a representative of the American Red Cross
Qualifications, Skills, & Requirements:
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies.
- Willingness to support the Red Cross mission, required
- Valid state driver's license and 3 years of licensed driving experience, required
- Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes, required
- Able to verify safe driving record (Note: An MVR check will be completed as a part of the interview process for this position), required
- Current insurance and state registration if using personal vehicle, required
- Ability to lift 45 lbs., required
- Successful completion of American Red Cross Transportation Specialist Training and Defensive Driving course upon acceptance in position, required
Time Commitment: 2-4 shifts/month for a minimum of 6 months. Shifts are generally 4 hours each and are variable per site in the evening and weekends.
- Gain valuable training/experience while providing an invaluable service to the community
- Validate driving experience for resume
- Opportunity to become a volunteer leader
To lean more, please visit redcross.org/deliver
To volunteer, please contact: Charles White or apply directly at https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=35634&h=990&p=413050
About AMERICAN RED CROSS
2825 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Glen Allen, VA 23059
May 12, 2022
- Bus/Van Driving
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- Evenings and Weekends Available. At least 2 Shifts /month. Additional Shifts avaialbe if willing to do more.