Shotgun Creek Site Host
Please visit the new page to apply.
Shotgun Creek Recreation SiteOverview
The refreshing location with its lush, forest setting, coupled with comforts normally associated with an urban park, blend seamlessly at this popular day-use site. Here, one can immerse in the enjoyment of surrounding hiking trails, a swimming area, meandering creeks, and picnicking units. Whether seeking trail solitude, a fun day of water play during the heat of summer, or the lingering memory of that very special celebration, this special place awaits your arrival. Shotgun Creek Recreation Site is open to day use year round. Shelter reservations are available from May 1-September 30 each year.Recreation
Hiking, picnicking, family gatherings, sand volleyball, softball, playground, horseshoe pits, and seasonal water play.Facilities
- Reserve one or both large group day-use shelters each equipped with fireplace, lights, sinks, potable water, and picnic tables that will accommodate up to 112 people comfortably for events.
- 23 individual picnic sites
- 6.43 miles of hiking trail
The beautiful, well-equipped wooden shelters, available by reservation, offer a fine place to celebrate special events such as weddings, anniversaries or birthday parties.Nearby Attractions
- The 34-mile Shotgun OHV Trail System is located immediately north of the recreation site. Nearby staging facilities offer free amenities such as picnic tables, bathrooms, and trash facilities. Elevations from 758 to 2,864. Call the Springfield Interagency Office at 541-683-6600 for current trail conditions and closures.
- Earnest Bridge south on Marcola Rd about a mile on the left on Paschelke Rd.
- Springfield Golf Club south on Marcola Rd about 9 miles turn left on Sunderman Rd.
- McGowan Environmental Education Area is located along McGowan Creek Road west of Shotgun Creek Rd.
Newer RV/ 5th wheel required
Host must submit photos of RV with application.
Start Date - 2022-04-27
End Date - 2023-04-27
Activities include: Campground/Site Host
Difficulty_Level: Not Difficult
Hosts Housing Amenities: RV/Trailer Pads
About U.S. Department of the Interior Bureau of Land Management
760 Horizon Drive, Grand Junction, CO 81506, US
The Bureau of Land Management's mission is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
The BLM manages 245 million acres of public lands and 700 million acres of mineral estate. These public lands and subsurface acres are integral to the lives and livelihoods of communities and families across the country. We promote multiple-use on public lands to maximize opportunities for commercial, recreational, and conservation activities. This promotes healthy and productive public lands that create jobs in local communities while supporting traditional land uses such as responsible energy development, timber harvesting, grazing, and recreation, including hunting and fishing.
1717 Fabry Road SoutheastSalem, OR 97306
April 28, 2022
- Outdoor Recreation
- Water Recreation