Assistant Development Director
ORGANIZATION: LifeSmart Education
Please visit the new page to apply.
Who We Are
LifeSmart Education is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that enhances the availability of nontraditional educational classes and resources for underserved youth and communities. We help those who need unwavering, positive life management skills. Youth aren't born knowing the life skills that we wish they did; they must be taught and molded into productive members of society. At LifeSmart Education, we teach youth how to be socially and emotionally successful, and enable them to achieve their highest potential as law-abiding global citizens.
The Assistant Development Director is responsible for managing all aspects of the organization’s annual fundraising in support of meeting our operational goals. Responsibilities will include developing, implementing, and evaluating fund development strategies that will meaningfully engage and motivate donors to meet annual fund development goals. This is a part time volunteer position with flexible hours with a time commitment of 5-10 hours a week. LifeSmart Education is committed to giving our volunteers an opportunity for growth and development within the organization.
- Assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive Annual Fund development plan
- Produce reports evaluating Annual Fund strategies and progress
- Project and manage Annual Fund expenses
- Support Business Resource Development as needed in order to maximize overall fundraising revenue
- Increase donor gifts, and acquire new donors
- Develop a pipeline of prospects for the agency by identifying prospects for the next level of giving
- Direct all campaign donor acknowledgement
- Research new prospective private foundation donors in order to identify organizations with giving criteria that match the agency’s mission and in order to acquire additional grant revenue for the organization
- Knowledge of fund development theories, principles, and procedures
- Possesses written and oral communication skills
- Knowledgeable of donor database systems
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships
- Ability to plan and execute special events
- Commitment to a high standard of ethics and to promote the donor bill of rights
- Commitment to maintaining a high level of confidentiality with information acquired about donors, and volunteers
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in nonprofit management or related field
- Experienced with Microsoft Suite
- Experienced with Google G Suite (preferred)
- 1+ years of related and directly relevant development experience in non-profit organizations; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience (desired)
About LifeSmart Education
P.O. Box 1325, Grove City, OH 43123, US
Helping underserved populations with a transformative education that empowers, motivates, and encourages them to become productive,law-abiding, global citizens.
Diversity has been an area of concern in international education for many years, Global Diversity Abroad, our sister company, mission is to present the opportunity for historically over-looked high school students with the possibility to learn on an international platform. This program is specially designed to meet the needs of minority and at-risk youth, guiding them through a course of study that will expose them to drastic life changing experiences abroad.
Our goal is to formulate a preventative social mindset where students are exposed to new ideas, build positive relationships, develop confidence and experience new challenges. This is our model to empower young people to be globally-minded individuals by transforming their lives.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 27, 2022
- Financial Planning
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Project Management