2 people are interested
Free Summer Food Program Assistant
ORGANIZATION: San Jose Public Library - Vineland Branch Library
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Are you looking for a rewarding way to help your community this summer while interacting with local youth and families? San José Public Library is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist with our Free Summer Food Program; which enables any child 18 years and under to receive a healthy lunch during the summer.
How You Will Make a Difference
As a Free Summer Food Program volunteer, you can help ensure that local children get the nutrition they need to succeed. Last Summer the San José Public Library was able to provide over 7,000 meals to children and families. Volunteer to distribute nutritious food to neighborhood children throughout the summer.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Assist with program set up/clean up
- Distribute nutritious food to neighborhood children
- Engage with children and families about healthy eating
- Serve as program monitor
- Help promote library activities and events
- Encourage healthy food choices to local children and families
- Connect with your community and provide a desired service
- Share or gain experience with program management skills
Willingness to volunteer at least twice a week for the duration of the Free Summer Food Program (From June 30 - August 13).
* Monday-Friday from 11:30 AM-1:30 PM
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be 18+
- Be comfortable engaging with youth and families
- Have strong oral communication skills
- Be dependable, punctual, and responsible
- Complete a fingerprint background check, at no cost to you.
- Ability to comply with City of San Jose’s Employee & Volunteer COVID-19 guidance
- Compliance with the City of San Jose’s Employee & Volunteer COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination & Testing policy
- Bilingual skills are highly desired, but not required
About San Jose Public Library - Vineland Branch Library
1450 Blossom Hill Road, San Jose, CA 95118, US
San Jose Public Library enriches lives by fostering lifelong learning and by ensuring that every member of the community has access to a vast array of ideas and information. San Jose Public Library is a winner of the 2011 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the nation’s highest honor for museums and libraries. Recipients are selected because of their innovative approaches to public service and the contribution they make to the educational, civic, cultural and economic development goals of their communities.
Public libraries in California seek to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
1450 Blossom Hill RoadSan Jose, CA 95118
April 27, 2022
- Food Service
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Willingness to volunteer at least twice a week for the duration of the Free Summer Food Program (From June 30 – August 13). • Monday-Friday from 11:30 AM-1:30 PM