We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Gender Freedom Society has 3 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: Gender Freedom Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The Volunteer Coordinator will administer all aspects of the organizations volunteer program including recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Recruits, interviews, screens, trains, and supervises (or assigns) volunteer staff.
- Communicates with all departments of the organization to identify available opportunities and needs for volunteers.
- Recruits volunteer staff to fit these roles using a variety of resources and techniques.
- Gathers information about each volunteers skills, availability, and goals; matches volunteers with appropriate opportunities based on this data.
- Schedules, coordinates, and assigns volunteers to appropriate departments, supervisors, and/or mentors.
- Regularly communicates with volunteers to ensure placement is a good fit for individuals skills and goals.
- Maintains files, records, applications, and other data concerning volunteer program.
- Drafts, maintains, and publishes guidelines, best practices, and procedures for volunteer program.
- Coordinates volunteer recognition and appreciation events and activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate and encourage others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
About Gender Freedom Society
532 S 15th St, Fort Dodge, IA 50501, US
Gender Freedom Society is an organization focused on the needs of transgender and gender non-conforming people. As a community, GFS provides a safe-space for members to meet other like-minded folks from around the world, engage in peer-to-peer counselling, and be seen and heard for who they truly are. GFS is a resource of information for the Trans/GNC community, to include providing educational resources, local gender-affirming services locations, and local trans-friendly businesses. GFS participates in national and local social activism, and provides space for members to actively plan for activism in their communities.
We are a 501c3 non profit based virtually in the United States. several of our goals include but are not limited to creating resources that do not yet exist to make the lives of people within our community a better one.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 27, 2022
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Must be at least 18
- Being a member of the LGBTQ community is a plus but not a reqirement