Promote Low-Income Seniors Access to Fresh Produce!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Meals on Wheels Kitsap
2022 Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program Outreach Volunteers Needed Starting June 2022
Meals on Wheels Kitsap (MOWK) is seeking personable, outgoing, and engaging volunteers to support our 2022 Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) outreach efforts and to promote MOWK senior nutrition programs. Our outreach volunteers may find themselves:
- Helping to set up/take down and staff a market booth (weekend availability a must, and occasional Thursday afternoon), promoting Meals on Wheels Kitsap and the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (out in the community)
- Distributing SFMNP applications to our community partners (out in the community)
- Posting flyers/posters at local businesses (out in the community)
- Using a second language skill - Spanish/Tagalog fluency a major plus - to support outreach efforts to be more inclusive
This program provides `free’ money to encourage income eligible seniors to eat healthier while also supporting local growers. Outreach efforts are focused on getting more local seniors: aware and encouraged to apply for the checks and to discover the benefits of MOWK senior nutrition programs.
Successful volunteers should be:
- Available on some weekends to help staff booths and occasional Thursday late afternoon
- Able to comfortably lift 20 pounds, kneel, and bend (they will also help assemble/take down booth/tent/tables, carry supplies)
- Dependable, punctual, inclusive and personable
- Self-directed, willing to take initiative, and work well independently
- Respectful, and maintain confidentiality of MOWK volunteers, partners, clients and donors
- Able and willing to drive their own vehicle
- A positive MOWK ambassador reflecting the MOWK values and mission, including having a working knowledge of our program and services
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Bremerton Area, WA 98310
April 27, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH