Chefs for Change Volunteer Leader
ORGANIZATION: Families Moving Forward
Please visit the new page to apply.
Major Objectives : The Chefs for Change Volunteer Leader will supervise and support groups of volunteers during the Chefs for Change dinner events. This is an unpaid volunteer position.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Strong interpersonal and group communication skills
- Ability to respectfully communicate and work with diverse groups, varying in age, religious
beliefs, ethnicity, ability level, etc.
- Ability to stand for long durations of time and use a variety of motor skills to push, pull, and
lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to assertively coordinate and delegate
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to troubleshoot
Time Requirement: Volunteers are asked to make an annual commitment with the ability to serve during each Chefs for Change event. Volunteer Leaders will need to be at the venue 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm. Pre & Post event planning: dates and times are flexible and scheduled as needed
2022 Chefs for Change Event Dates:
- May 16
- July 11
- September 12
- December 2 (Dessert Gala)
- Meet with Volunteer Engagement Coordinator and Development Director
- Review list of registered volunteers
- Send a welcome email, introduce yourself
- 2 days prior, send a reminder email
- Update VEC of any cancellations
- Become familiar with CERVIS volunteer management database
Day of Dinner Service
- Connect with Development Director/C4C Committee members to receive updates on processes and any changes to inform volunteers
- Tour venue space and become familiar with the layout to train volunteers
- Set up volunteer sign-in station
- Greet volunteers upon arrival and instruct them on the check-in process
- Once volunteers arrive, review expectations and provide instructions on duties
- Assist staff and volunteers with set-up, service and clean-up
- Communicated with Development Director on when volunteers may leave and document time
- Receive feedback from staff and volunteers related to volunteers (service, etc.)
Post- Dinner Service
- Send a thank you email to all volunteers
- Send confirmation to VEC with volunteer hours
- Follow-up meeting with Development Director
About Families Moving Forward
300 N. Queen Street, Durham, NC 27701, US
Families Moving Forward offers a temporary home to families with children in the crisis of homelessness. Working together, we create a path to stability and self-sufficiency through personalized services and ongoing community support.
Families Moving Forward provides the Nest and Branching Out to families with children experiencing the crisis of temporary homelessness in the Durham community.
Neighbors Experiencing Success Together (formerly Family Matters)
The NEST provides temporary housing for families with children combined with programs to help them build skills to return to a stable lifestyle and permanent housing as quickly as possible.Families must have children living with them for eligibility to the NEST and their expected to be less than 90-days.
AT THE NEST . . .
Families stay together in a single family unit in the shelter. Families are paired with a case manager to help families achieve their goals, offer support and connect to local resources that help families address their causes homelessness.
Building Relationships to Anchor our Transition (Branching Out)
Branching Out helps families establish a permanent, stable home with the help of professional case management, well-training compassionate volunteers and access to emergency resource.
1101 West Chapel Hill StreetDurham, NC 27701
April 26, 2022
- Group Facilitation
- Project Management
- Must be at least 18
- Volunteer Leaders will need to be at the venue 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm. Pre & Post event planning: dates and times are flexible and scheduled as needed 2022 Chefs for Change Event Dates: May 16 July 11 September 12 December 2 (Dessert Gala)