ORGANIZATION: HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
Please visit the new page to apply.
The #1 goal of HUMANE ACTION Pittsburgh is to educate the Pittsburgh region on how to prevent and relieve animal suffering by taking meaningful action. The Communications Assistant will assist with a wide variety of initiatives for the team specific to marketing and communications.
Purpose of the Position
- Keep the community educated and informed on HAP-related projects and priorities.
- Increase visibility and impact of HAP
- Engage with HAP membership and the public to highlight HAP events, priorities, and achievements
- Find new ways to reach potential donors and supporters
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help develop effective messaging and communication strategies
- Help create and implement promotional and informative materials
- Assist on all forms of media, including press releases and digital campaigns, print materials, social media, and more
- Help maintain contact lists, track projects, and assist with media monitoring
- Moderate research
- Assist with events, both in person and virtual
- Ability to present yourself in a friendly, professional and non-partisan manner
- Attend monthly HAP leadership meetings, monthly Communications Check-in, and other meetings, as needed.
- Respond to HAP leadership emails and calls within 48 hours
- Be prepared and on-time for meetings and events
- Share and support HAP’s mission and core values; adhere to HAP’s policies
- Other duties as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills - both written and spoken
- Ability to do independent research
- Computer literacy
- Ability to present yourself in a friendly, professional, and non-partisan manner
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions, and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Google Drive, Trello and Dropbox, or a willingness to learn
- Familiarity with graphic design, video editing, email, and CRM programs desired
Training on HAP’s core values, mission, and policies, including orientation on campaign missions and status.
Time Commitment Required
Approximately 3 - 5 hours a week
Since the pandemic, most HAP meetings take place via Zoom. However, occasional in person meetings may be required.
Professional dress required for meetings. If attending an informal event, volunteer must purchase a HAP or NPP T-shirt at cost.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Know that you are key to making a difference in the lives of animals
- Take your passion for animal protection and the environment and put it into action
- Be a valued HAP team member
- Build your volunteer resume and develop excellent communication skills
Natalie Ahwesh, Executive Director
Shannon Dickerson, Vice President
Rich Westerfield, Director of Communications
What Volunteers Can Expect From HAP
- Support of HAP leadership and members
- Respect and appreciation for your contribution and input
About HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
1307 TOWNE CT, ALLISON PARK, PA 15101, US
OUR VISION is a world without animal suffering where all beings are treated with compassion. OUR MISSION is to advance the protection of all animals by empowering people to affect change through education, policy, and community action.
SET THE STANDARD By educating the community on the most pressing animal issues of our time and recommending common sense solutions that decision-makers rely on, we set the standard in animal protection. We advance our cause with proven methods -progress over perfection, changing course when needed, being prepared, and staying well connected.
BUILD TRUSTED RELATIONSHIPS Effective advocacy happens by building relationships grounded in cooperation and a shared vision. HAP values inclusivity and professionalism.
FOSTER EMPOWERMENT We set high expectations and achieve them by working with exceptional people who bring their wide array of talents and passion for animal well-being. In order to develop a free and creative culture, we respect the opinions and ideas of others. We are committed to our team and fulfilling our mission by supplying the tools for individuals to become remarkable leaders and advocates.
CREATE COMMUNITY We are stronger together. Collaborating with colleagues, sponsors, legislators, and community leaders, we find that animal protection is well within reach.
DELIVER RESULTS We establish ambitious, clearly defined goals, and work in a systematic manner to realize our objectives and create positive outcomes. We measure our success by our ability to protect animals.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 25, 2022
- 3 - 5 hours per week
- Must live in Pittsburgh region