Remote Volunteer Opportunity- Sunshine Calls
ORGANIZATION: Family Pathways
Please visit the new page to apply.
ORGANIZATION: Family Pathways
POSITION: Sunshine Calling
REPORTS: Aging Care Coordinator
ORGANIZATIONAL VISION: Every voice, Every Possibility, Every Day
ORGANIZATIONAL MISSION: Family Pathways works alongside people to enhance lives through a continuum of essential services and together with the community champions' positive social change.
POSITION OBJECTIVE: To promote social connection
- Report volunteer hours to the Aging Care Coordinator on or before the last Friday of the month.
- The Aging Care Coordinator will match a volunteer with a person wanting this service
- Volunteer will connect once a week or more over the phone to talk and check-in and have meaningful connections
- Ask the person receiving the call how often they would like to be called, and what time of the day they want to be called
- Calls will be between the same two people to promote consistency and relationship building
- Prioritize the person who you are calling - the call is about the person at the other end
- Provide monthly feedback about calls, noting well-being and concerns of person receiving the call
- Begin with introducing yourself: "Hi, this is xxxx, calling from Family Pathways Aging Program, I am your volunteer for phone calls.
- Are you able to hear me clearly?
- How do you pronounce your name? (If needed)
- How are you today? How is your day going so far?
- I understand that xxxx, tell me more about xxxx
- Do you have the food you need this week? (Let us know if not)
- Find moments to laugh - this is simply a conversation that should feel natural
- NO profanity or inappropriate topics
- NO religious or political topics
- BE open and flexible with other’s values, beliefs, and perceptions
- After each call make notes for your monthly report
- Report any concerns as soon as possible
About Family Pathways
6413 Oak St, North Branch, MN 55056, US
Family Pathways works alongside people to enhance lives through a continuum of essential services and-together with the community-champions positive social change. Every voice. Every possibility. Every day.
We have been committed to standing by the side of our neighbors since 1978. We’ve done this by working together with partners, individuals, businesses, organizations, and faith communities who are passionate about their communities. Over the past four decades, we’ve adapted to the needs of the communities we serve in the City of Forest Lake; Carlton, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, and Pine Counties in Minnesota and Polk County in Wisconsin.
Family Pathways’ support services provides healthy food access, domestic and sexual violence prevention and victim services, supervised visitation, services for older adults and caregivers.
Volunteers come from all walks of life, backgrounds, service groups, businesses, youth groups, and educational systems. Some are brought to our agency through the court system to complete community service hours. We strive to provide everyone with an opportunity to contribute.
Chisago/Isanti Kanabec, Pine Counties, WashingtonMille Lacs CountiesNorth Branch, MN 55056
April 25, 2022
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training