3 people are interested
Moore Square Market
ORGANIZATION: Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
** IN ORDER TO REGISTER AS A VOLUNTEER FOR THIS EVENT YOU MUST COPY AND PASTE THE LINK BELOW INTO YOUR BROWSER**
The Moore Square Market is a weekly farmers and makers market in Downtown Raleigh. The market offers 30+ vendors, demonstrations, entertainment, and special themes and activities.
- Market Setup - volunteers assist with setup of tents, tables, chairs and other equipment. Volunteers will assist vendors with loading/unloading, transporting items to vendor spaces, and general vendor assistance.
- Market Support - volunteers assist the market manager with attendance tracking, vendor support, & monitoring the information tent. Volunteers also assist vendors and market with breakdown.
The Moore Square Market is a flagship event for Moore Square that promotes healthy living, community gathering, and equitable access to fresh food. Volunteers help us make this event happen.
The Moore Square Market is an outdoor event with minimal access to indoor spaces. The event does run on raining days and in the heat of the summer. There may be large groups of people at this event. Restrooms and water are nearby.
Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. All volunteers must sign a release form. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have a parent/guardian sign their release form.
Volunteers will receive a Moore Square Market shirt! Please wear close-toed shoes and bring a water bottle. Volunteers should park at 215 S. Person St. and meet park staff the storage building at 215 S. Person St. or the green Moore Square Market info tent in the park.
A group contact must email firstname.lastname@example.org with a number of slots to reserve. Please also include the event name and, if applicable, which shift(s) you would like to assist with.
Volunteers must follow the COVID-19 policies below so that projects are safe for everyone.
- All Volunteers
- We are no longer requiring mask be worn, but they are welcome
- Maintain a safe social distance of 6 ft.
- Please do not register to volunteer if you are showing COVID-19 symptoms or have recently been exposed
- Indoor Volunteers
- Ongoing Indoor volunteers such as coaches, docents, or instructors are required to show proof of full vaccination that will be verified during the application/onboarding process
Per department policy, this volunteer opportunity is not to be used towards court-appointed/ suggested community service hours.
07:30 AM to 10:30 AM
Market Set Up Shift
10:00 AM to 02:30 AM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources
222 West Hargett Street, Suite 608, Raleigh, NC 27601, US
You are invited to make a difference in your community by volunteering! Through the efforts of City staff and volunteers, the Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department can continue its fine tradition of providing quality leisure services to citizens of all ages.
Join Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department's Volunteer Program and make a difference in your community. You may volunteer as an individual or as part of a group on a one-time or ongoing basis. There are many opportunities for individuals, groups, students and businesses to contribute to our quality programs and facilities. Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
226 East Martin StreetRaleigh, NC 27601
April 25, 2022
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- 4 hour max time commitment
- Please wear close-toed shoes and bring a water bottle. Volunteers should park at 215 S. Person St. and meet park staff the storage building at 215 S. Person St. or the green Moore Square Market info tent.