Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Restoring Our Youth Organization Inc.
The Restoring. Our. Youth. Organization needs an individual who delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Coordinates initiatives developed by the marketing/ public relations department while bringing new creative ideas to our organization. Acts as a mentor and creates long-term relationships with members. Performs various tasks and responsibilities that contribute to the ongoing success of the organization. Your job description can be altered at the discretion of the Sr. Community Mentor Coordinator or the Chief Executive Director of the organization.
- Promotes all of Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization’s social media platforms, contact information, and the Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization website;
- Create and maintain marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic;
- Applies ROY’s (mission, vision, motto, and values) when dealing with member services;
- Follows Restoring. Our. Youth. Organization best practices, processes, and procedures regarding the intake process of a Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization members;
- Responsible for bridging the gap between the Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization the communities;
- Communicates and works with other departments;
- Work as a team member; respect fellow ROY members/ and be professional in communications
- Develop positive relationships with members fostering an atmosphere of respect, improvement, operational excellence, and teamwork;
- Support social and recreational activities for the youth and teens with the purpose of recruiting and retaining those groups in the initiative and providing opportunities for positive engagement
- Refers potential members to appropriate staff for proper registration procedures.
This description is meant to be an outline and is not intended to list all duties and responsibilities.
Qualifications & Skills
- High school diploma/ GED required
- Experience in marketing or related fields (ex. public relations, communications, social media marketing, etc.);
- Coaching skills (not required, but recommended);
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and layout/design skills;
- Have a strong public presence - articulate, optimistic, and energetic with the ability to motivate and inspire people at all levels;
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Open to adjusting and modeling the ROY’s mission, vision, motto, and values;
- Must work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends (as needed);
- Should work effectively with high-risk populations.;
- Must prioritize tasks and work independently in the absence of supervision;
- Possess excellent crisis/conflict management skills and/or are willing to learn;
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and Google Drive (or willing to learn);
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and moral standards
- Desire to learn and grow professionally in the field of non-profit
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Ability to multitask, take initiative, have organizational skills, and have a teamwork mentality.
- Criminal background check upon request.
What we offer as a nonprofit organization
We are committed to delivering on our mission by providing help to our target communities who need it most. We also appreciate those who dedicate their spare time to volunteering with us by supporting a cause that involves simply giving back. We show our appreciation through our volunteer benefits. As a member and officer of the Restoring.Our.youth.Organization, you:
- Can work accordingly with your schedule and daily work/life balance; (Please ensure that you have a line of communication between you and your supervisor on expectations)
- Will be a part of a true change for youth, teens, young adults, and communities that we serve;
- Can work from home upon request and approval from your supervisor;
- Will receive additional training from certified leaders to effectively do your job;
- Can apply the skills that you will learn to your resume;
- Will receive volunteer work hours to show your dedication to supporting a cause;
- Can get reimbursed for business travel and food.(Available only to selected positions);
- Will have the option to attend organization paid workshops and training that benefit your outside life, duties, and responsibilities;
- Will have available to you additional resources for parents and children.
Restoring.Our.Youth.Organization is an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Harvey, IL 60473
April 25, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME