Events and Campaigns Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Latin American Foundation for the Future
Position Title: Events and Campaigns Coordinator
Employment Type: Unpaid Volunteering Position/Full-time/Remote
Leave: 2 days per month
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Duration: 3-6 months
Events and Campaigns Coordinator, Latin American Foundation for the Future (LAFF)
Events and Campaigns at LAFF are seen as a way of engaging and increasing our supporter network. This is a dynamic role which will see you work with the Fundraising and Communications teams to recognise that support is far greater than just financial donations: we put a great value on our community’s time, communication with their personal networks, skills and ideas.
You will take on the responsibility of being a central point of contact for LAFF’s supporters when organizing their own fundraising events, as well as developing and delivering innovative events and campaigns for LAFF.
Your ability to think creatively to create disruptive communications strategies which will engage individuals and convert them into supporters will be crucial, as well as your research skills to help find new opportunities to hold events and campaigns.
To Note: This position is unpaid. Successful applicants will be contacted to arrange an online interview.
The Latin American foundation for the Future (LAFF) is a UK-based charity supporting marginalised children and young people in Peru. We work through local partner organisations in Cusco and support activities and projects in the areas of formal education; vocational skills and personal development; sustainability, including income generation, cost reduction and capacity building. We strive to empower our beneficiaries, enabling them to become independent and sustainable.
Objectives of this Role
- Identify, plan and host fundraising events online and in person
- Network and establish contact with individuals and businesses for potential event collaboration or partnership
- Maintain a detailed database of contacts (corporate, individual and partners)
- Take primary responsibility for all planning, logistics and arrangements of LAFF’s ongoing events and campaigns.
- Work closely with the communications team to actively promote and create awareness of LAFF’s events, identifying the appropriate audiences and potential attendees and tailoring the strategy accordingly e.g. local or expat communities, students
- Act as a central point of contact and support for LAFF community members organizing their own events and develop resources for members to use
- Engage LAFF’s donor community with targeted events for different audiences e.g. school assemblies, webinars, raffles
- Support the communications team in developing visual media to promote events and for campaigns
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (Communications, Event Management, International Relations) or currently enrolled
- 6 months of volunteering or work experience; PR/Communications/Event Planning experience highly desirable but not essential
- Advanced proficiency in either English or Spanish required, but high proficiency in both languages desirable
- Energetic with excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Good time management and communication skills for working with other teams
- Highly organized, flexible, independent, culturally sensitive and detail oriented with the ability to multitask
- Knowledge of design and formatting a plus
This role lends itself to an individual who is able to work individually to research and plan, but who is also able to communicate clearly and coordinate with other teams within LAFF. Events and Campaigns will engage and expand our community at an international and local level, your belief in LAFF’s mission will be crucial in connecting with people and forming long term relationships. The right candidate’s motivation will lead to meaningful connection with different audiences and convert this into support for LAFF’s work. Innovation and creativity are key to ensuring that LAFF stays relevant, engaging and fresh.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Cusco, Cusco W1A 6USPeru
April 23, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME