Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Latin American Foundation for the Future
- Position Title: Graphic Designer
- Location: Remote
- Employment Type: Unpaid Volunteering Position/Part-time/Remote
- Leave: 2 days per month*
- Application Deadline: Ongoing
- Duration: 3-6 months*
Graphic Designer, Latin American Foundation for the Future (LAFF)
At LAFF, we see graphic design as a way of connecting with our audiences and communicating not only content but also credibility and professionalism. Design offers the potential for storytelling that celebrates progress and challenges misconceptions.
As a Graphic Designer at LAFF you have the opportunity to develop a visible identity which conveys the progress and core values of an NGO which has been supporting local partners to deliver access to education in Peru for over 10 years.
Your creativity and consistency will create a recognisable appearance that speaks to the organisation’s reputation for local collaboration, commitment to making education accessible, and transparency.
Objectives of this Role
- Work with the communications team to develop a consistent visual identity for LAFF’s communications
- Produce illustrations, videos, logos and other designs
- Format visual media such as event advertisements, programme guides and reports
- Ensure that graphics are visually appealing and consistent
- Support the communications team with necessary tasks e.g. brainstorming, organizing and executing content for online campaigns
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art or Marketing or experience and training in area related to art and visual communication
- Photography and videography experience and proficiency with photo-editing software such as Adobe Photoshop
- Experience formatting a range of visual media (reports, advertisements) using programmes such as Adobe InDesign
- Proficient in iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro or Adobe Photoshop. Familiar or proficient in Canva
- Comfortable selecting different colour schemes and font types when designing content and templates for future us
- Good understanding of how different social media platforms work, including Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Methodical approach to work and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Proactive individual able to work with flexibility to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Responsive to feedback and capacity to adapt designs accordingly
- Experience using wordpress for web design is desirable
We are looking for a motivated individual who is able to work individually and as part of a team. The position of graphic designer opens at a pivotal moment in our organisation and carries the responsibility of communicating our mission and shaping future visual identity. The right candidate will recognise the importance of creating an environment without prejudice and will see learning and professional development as essential. They will understand LAFF’s mission and reflect this in the voice and message they use when designing content. They will be able to communicate lots of information in a simple, concise way for multiple audiences.
To Note: This position is unpaid. Successful applicants will be contacted to arrange an online interview.
The Latin American foundation for the Future (LAFF) is a UK-based charity supporting marginalised children and young people in Peru. We work through local partner organisations in Cusco and support activities and projects in the areas of formal education; vocational skills and personal development; sustainability, including income generation, cost reduction and capacity building. We strive to empower our beneficiaries enabling them to become independent and sustainable.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Latin American Foundation for the Future 3660PO Box 6945London, ENG W1A 6USUnited Kingdom
April 23, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK